My client is looking for an Administrator to work at their offices based on the outskirts of Southampton.
My client is a large Professional Services firm based on the outskirts of Southampton.
- Dealing with telephone calls and taking messages
- Merging standard letters and producing simple bespoke letters
- Photocopying and filing
- Maintaining a correspondence diary system and producing reminder letters
- Ad hoc administrative and support tasks as required
A successful applicant will be expected to be able to demonstrate the following:
Client Awareness and Service
- Good telephone skills
- Takes clear telephone messages and passes them to the intended recipients promptly
- Answers the telephone quickly and is helpful and polite
- Is aware of department procedures (such as house styles for letters) and applies these standards
- Gets things done with drive and enthusiasm
- Constantly reviews own tasks to ensure they are progressed without undue delay
- Anticipates upcoming tasks and adopts a proactive approach
- Able to prioritise work effectively
- Works co-operatively with colleagues to achieve objectives
- Gives practical support and assistance to team members
Self Awareness and Development
- Recognises own ability and development needs
- Actively seeks feedback from others and looks to modify and improve the impact of self on others
- Seeks opportunities to learn and broaden knowledge
Attention to Quality
- Keeps files and papers tidy
- Identifies errors and suggests amendments to standard letters
- Checks own work for errors before submitting for approval
- Ensures ad hoc tasks carried out diligently
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to adapt to bespoke IT system, training will be provided
- Submits timesheets on time, without prompting
- Presents a positive image of the firm
- Prepares documents accurately within the timescale required
- Understands the need to communicate effectively within a team
- Understands that they must always ask for help if unsure of what is required
- Understands all correspondence, including emails, must be approved by manager or above before sending
- Understands the need to prioritise work load appropriately
- Uses IPS tasks effectively and keeps them up to date
The right candidate will have at least exposure of one office role in their career so far and will be educated to A-Level or equivalent standard.
An excellent salary and benefits package is available to the successful candidate.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'