We are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England's motorways and major A roads. Consider that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
It's an exciting time to begin a career with Highways England as we invest £11 billion in our motorways and A Roads boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety which why we're so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy. And with responsibility for major projects, working here is also a great move for your career.
As Administrator you will be required to carry out a range of a range of administrative activities, providing flexible business support to contribute to the delivery of business activities and objectives to time, quality and within budget
Day to Day:
* Quality assure, enter and maintain information on systems and files to ensure that information is up to date, accurate, in the right place and easily accessible.
* Collate and compose information and prepare standard documents accurately and efficiently, to support the delivery of excellent service standards to internal and / or external customers.
* Prepare data and undertake standard analyses, drawing data from a variety of sources to bring together reports to support management decision making.
* Act as a point of contact internally and externally, to resolve issues, to answer standard enquiries and to contribute to the development of relationships.
* Manage and organise meetings and travel arrangements, providing coordination support to staff where required, to ensure that operational needs are met.
* Undertake ad hoc administrative duties as and when required, ensuring accurate, timely, delivery and that relevant policies and procedures are followed.
* GCSE level of education.
* Good skills in relevant office software, such as Microsoft office word and excel
* Ability to work effectively with others in an office environment or delivering an efficient customer service
* Ability to work to own timescales, prioritising where necessary
* Strong organisational skills
* Ability to give and receive information effectively
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving.
We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at recruitment.highways.gov.uk/
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job