Administrative Manager, Nursing Home - West Sussex (Burgess Hill) or Surrey (Tadworth) (candidates must be flexible to work permanently in either location).
We are looking for someone to join our team as an Administrative Manager within a family owned and run care home group. The role will be based in one of the care homes, either in Burgess Hill (West Sussex) or Tadworth (Surrey). Candidates must be able to work permanently in either location. The successful candidate will be organised, IT literate and proactive. Above all the successful candidate will have a good attitude, a caring nature and a willingness to learn and work constructively within a high performing team environment (both of the existing homes in the group are rated by the industry regulator as 'OUTSTANDING’ (top 2% of care homes). Strong interpersonal skill and the ability to connect / show empathy are essential.
- Front of house duties e.g. Greet visitors in a pleasant and courteous manner, and guide them to the appropriate staff member. Operate phone / fax / e-mail / office equipment, as appropriate. Receive and distribute mail.
- Manage administrative running of the home e.g. provisions ordering, booking routine maintenance for equipment, managing supplier contracts.
- Draft and implement duty roster (including covering shifts as necessary).
- Monitor and record staff hours, absence and holiday.
- Proactively manage occupancy e.g. follow leads, conduct viewings, fill beds.
- Conduct viewings of the home for potential residents / their families.
- Manage admission and discharge process for residents.
- Administer recruitment and induction of additional staff as required e.g. place adverts, arrange interviews, manage DBS account.
- Initiate, monitor and update staff records.
- Initiate, monitor and update non-clinical resident records.
- Manage non-clinical team members.
- Receive, log and monitor all monies received.
- Manage petty cash account and work with Finance Director to monitor account.
- Log and monitor incoming invoices and accounts and liaise with Finance Director regarding payment.
- Conduct mandatory Health & Safety related audits and initiate solutions as required.
- Work closely with other management and Directors to ensure smooth running of the home.
- Undertake other duties, as necessary.
- Caring nature
- 'Good’ attitude - open to continuous improvement
- Sales (ability to effectively communicate and connect with people)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good knowledge of IT
- Calm temperament
- Positive and enthusiastic nature
- Team focussed
- Mindset of wanting to go the extra mile to do a great job
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Full time - normal office hours.
EXPERIENCE: This is a senior role and so it is anticipated that the successful candidate will have significant prior workplace experience. Prior experience within the care sector is not a pre-requisite. A caring nature and a positive attitude are more important to us than prior industry experience.
LOCATION: West Sussex (Burgess Hill) or Surrey (Tadworth) - candidate must be willing to work permanently in either location.
SALARY: Equivalent to £24,000-28,000 per anum depending upon level of experience.
START DATE: End March 2018 but may be negotiable for the right candidate.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job