Derbyshire Fire & Rescue have an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Assistant to join their growing team based in Derby.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Derby, DE24 8GZ
Salary: £16,781 – £17,772 per annum
Job Type: Temporary until approximately 1 February 2019
Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service delivers high quality services in a fast paced and ever changing environment. If you are looking for a role with variety, which require high levels of accuracy, that deliver exceptional customer service and you want to use your impeccable organisation skills then we want to hear from you!
Administrative Assistant – The Job:
The role supports Community Safety and Response teams in delivering key administration activities, and assists members of the public and partner agencies.
The role is part of a busy office environment requiring confidence, positivity and a flexible approach. If you are able to work as part of a team but also be self-motivated and use your own initiative this could be the role for you.
Administrative Assistant - Essential Experience/Skills required:
- Excellent IT skills, especially in MS packages, databases and systems for typing, formatting, proofing documents, inputting and processing data.
- Professional written and oral communication skills at all levels.
- Commitment to teamwork and team performance with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Good organisation skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of office procedures
- Knowledge of data protection and security of data
- Confidentiality and discretion
Administrative Assistant – Requirements:
- The normal working week is 37 hours however you may occasionally need to work beyond normal office hours.
- A Basic Criminal Records check will be requested for the successful applicant
- The role will be based at our South Area Office but there may be a requirement for some travel, for which a pool car will be provided.
Administrative Assistant – Benefits:
- Flexible working hours,
- Family friendly policies
- Free car parking,
- Health & wellbeing services,
- Discount scheme and eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme.
We are committed to equality and fairness at work. Applications are encouraged from all diverse communities.
To submit your CV for this exciting Administrative Assistant opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ to be redirected to our careers page.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job