Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities:
Supports human resources department by screening and interviewing applicants; preparing payroll; orienting new employees; administering employee benefit programs.
Administrative Assistant Job Duties:
- Provides job candidates by screening, interviewing, and testing applicants; notifying existing staff of internal opportunities; maintaining personnel records; obtaining temporary staff from agencies.
- Pays employees by calculating pay; distributing checks; maintaining records.
- Administers student loan, medical insurance, savings bond, and disability programs by advising employees of eligibility; providing application information; helping with form completion; verifying submission; notifying employees of approvals.
- Monitors unemployment claims by reviewing claims; substantiating documentation; requesting legal counsel review.
- Maintains human resources records by recording new hires, transfers, terminations, changes in job classifications, merit increases; tracking vacation, sick, and personal time.
- Orients new employees by providing orientation information packets; reviewing company policies; gathering withholding and other payroll information; explaining and obtaining signatures for benefit programs.
- Documents human resources actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Accomplishes human resources department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Administrative Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
Administrative Writing Skills, Verbal Communication, Maintaining Employee Files, Compensation and Wage Structure, Orienting Employees, Benefits Administration, Interviewing Skills, Professionalism, Organization, Teamwork, Supply Management.
- Interviewing Skills
- New Hires
- Employee Files
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job