Our client HM Courts & Tribunals Service (HMCTS) is an agency of the Ministry of Justice.? HMCTS provides administrative support for the legal system across England and Wales, ensuring justice works for everyone.?
Our justice system defends our fundamental rights and freedoms. It is a cornerstone of our modern society and it must serve all those who call on it, when they call on it. From some of the most vulnerable people in our society, to families in crisis, claimants and commercial businesses - HMCTS has a responsibility to administer a justice system that is accessible to everyone and operates efficiently
Our Public Sector client our currently recruiting an Administrative and Telephony Officer to join their team on a full-time, temporary basis based at Bury St Edmunds Court.
The role is Monday to Friday with a working week of 37 hours per week. This role works on a Hybrid basis. The rate of pay is £11.88 an hour with holiday entitlement and pension scheme available. The client is based next to the bus station and is therefore easily accessible by public transport and based close to local amenities for those days that you do attend the office.
For this role, the successful candidate would need to be fully confident with speaking on the Telephone as this is a primary part of the position, as telephony work is a task that will be carried out on a heavily regular daily basis, however day to day duties will also include -
- Deal with calls for some county courts across the country and are family related
- Answering calls to people regarding hearing dates
- Preparing papers and files for court, tribunals, hearings and meetings.
- Producing court/tribunal documents.
- General photocopying and filing.
- Creating and updating records on in-house computer system and data input.
- Post opening and dispatch.
- Booking, preparing and organising meeting rooms, supporting training courses and other group activities.
- Preparing meeting agenda, joining instructions, handouts etc
- Collecting and assembling information
- Checking and verifying documents and records
- Processing casework
This is a varied role where you will be dealing with general case queries regarding child maintenance payment to queries from court and legal advisors, so please be aware that due to the nature of this role Some of the calls can be tricky due to the sensitive nature of some of the call content, these are usually cases where children are involved so are emotive.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work as a part of a team, along with working independently in a fast-paced environment. They must also hold the below skill set -
- Be able to multitask at an exceptional level
- Be open and willing to learn and undertake other duties if requested by Management that fall in line with the grade and level of responsibility of this post
- Great attention to detail
The rate of pay is £11.88 an hour. Holiday entitlement and pension scheme available.
To be considered for the position, apply online today! If you are successful you will need to be able to provide an in-date, valid passport, two proof of addresses, proof of NI and complete a DBS check and three years referencing.
- Customer Service
- public sector
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'