Saab UK is a British company that is part of Saab Group’s global high-technology operations. Saab offers world-leading solutions and services in defence, aviation, space and civil security. In the UK we bring together the best of Swedish and British innovation and engineering to provide our customers with products and solutions that push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. Our mission is to help our customers to keep people and society safe.
Our Saab UK business is going through a period of rapid growth, this means that we can offer a wide range of opportunities for personal fulfilment and career growth. As part of the global entity Saab AB, Saab UK Ltd combines the innovative spirit of a start-up with the resources and expertise of a larger corporation. Across the country we have seven principle sites which focus on software engineering, underwater robotics, training services and radars. Globally we number over 19,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and we reinvest a high proportion of our earnings in internal research and development. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge - to make the world a safer place.
Saab is a company with opportunities, a company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility as well as good opportunities for advancing in your career. Additionally, Saab is a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
We are currently recruiting for an Administration Specialist Officer to join the UK Operations Support Team within the Training and Simulation function at Saab UK Limited. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with finance and administrative experience to progress their career. This role will play a critical part in the financial administrative duties & operations related matters within the Operations Support Team.
To provide comprehensive, effective, efficient, professional and flexible administrative support to the UK Training & Simulation operation and delivery teams and other business areas as directed. Working closely with a small team of administrators and an Office Manager to cover all aspects of administration for T&S UK with the adaptability to help others outside of this area when required.
Office based only - Heywood House, Westbury with regular trips to Westdown Camp, Sailsbury and other locations around the UK when required.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Raise purchase orders and process invoices for payment
- Work with the Accounts Payable team to ensure swift payments to suppliers
- Liaising with both internal and external suppliers
- Booking all necessary Travel; Flights, Taxis, accommodation whilst following all correct security processes and company policies.
- Work with the Office Manager to ensure all field team clothing gets to the people it needs to get to at the right time.
- Provide efficient, effective, and professional administrative support internally to the Operations and Delivery teams and other business customers as directed.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Minimum 1 years' experience in admin or a similar role
- Proficient IT skills, including intermediate Excel skills
- Strong analytical and numerical skills, attention to detail is critical with a methodical and thorough approach.
- Able to prioritise workload, demonstrate flexibility & efficient time management with the ability to work under pressure.
- Confident and independent with a down to earth can-do approach
- Works effectively both as an individual and as a key team member.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work in cooperation with others.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and work to tight deadlines.
- Outstanding organisational skills, with ability to plan, prioritise, take initiative and find proactive solutions, contribute new ideas to projects, work unsupervised, under pressure and multitask effectively.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'