Administration & Quallity Manager
Mon to Fri
9am to 5pm
Pension & Benefits
The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments conducts health and disability assessments on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions. Working from a network of 11 Assessment Services Centres and 150 Assessment Centres, assessments are conducted in the main areas of Employment and Support Allowance, Disability Living Allowance, Veterans UK and Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit. Our practitioner group includes employed nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and doctors.
The Quality, Customer Service & Support Lead’s role is to ensure a smooth workflow process exists for processing cases requiring audit in order to minimise impact on volumes and outcomes on a monthly basis. You will also be responsible for the performance of small volume referrals to ensure that Service Levels are achieved within the Area as well as overall responsibility for Customer Service areas of appointment slot filling and DV administration. In addition, to ensure support functions such as IT, Estates, Health & Safety and Training are in place to support the Area Operations Team.
Essential Job Duties
• Responsible for ensuring that cases identified for audit/case review are tracked, prepared and outcomes are recorded accurately on the in-house IT system.
• Ensure that new entrant Health Care Professionals audit results are recorded accurately on in-house IT systems to enable accreditation at the earliest opportunity.
• Monitor work in progress (WIP) to manage the lifecycle of referrals for small volume referrals in order to meet speed of clearance targets.
• Liaise with Resource Manager to ensure there are sufficient appointments available for small volume referrals and escalate to Business Services Manager when speed of clearance targets are at risk.
• Provide reports to the Business Services Manager and National Performance Team as required on the performance of Teams.
• Ensure the maximum utilisation of appointment slots both in Assessment Centres and Domiciliary Visits to meet contractual volume targets
• Allocate team resource on a daily basis to tasks to meet the varying demands.
• Complete the daily mandatory management checks to quality assure the work of team members.
• Responsible for ensuring the IT systems are in place and operating within the Area; raising incidents where systems are not operating effectively.
• Ensuring that appropriate Health & Safety Procedures are in place at Area level and complying with advice from the National Health & Safety Team.
• Co-ordination, planning and reporting of local clinical training by liaison with Learning & Development and Resource Managers.
• Ensuring clinical training completed is reported accurately on in-house IT systems.
• Responsible for the sign-off, recording and accuracy of contractor’s monthly payroll.
Management of the Quality, Customer Service & Support Team
• Train and develop team members to ensure the team has the capability and capacity to meet work volumes and demands.
• Communicate business performance targets on a regular basis ensuring all team members have an awareness of shortfalls and areas to focus upon.
• Conduct a morning daily brief with Team to relay information on areas of focus.
• Conduct regular 1:1 reviews with all team members and complete mid-year and end of year appraisals.
• Ensure the HR Cascade system is up to date for all team members in terms of absence and holiday reporting.
• Adhere to the performance management guidance and absent management procedures in respect of team members
• Act as the liaison point for the National Performance Team for progression of small volume referrals.
• Identify opportunities to improve the audit, case review and small volume referral clearance processes and present proposals for change to the BSM.
• Identify opportunities to improve the support service processes and present proposals for change to the BSM
Education and Experience Requirements
• Excellent people management skills.
• Ability to assess and solve problems when working to tight deadlines.
• Strong interpersonally, able to influence and negotiate to achieve business goals.
• Good IT and analytical skills with the ability to read reports and identify actions to improve performance.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Strong teamwork experience.
- Team Leader
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job