An exciting position has become available for a full time Administration Officer to join a friendly team based in Hillingdon (next to Heathrow). The successful candidate will earn £18,000-£20,000 depending on experience (subject to in-year independent salary review). Hours will be predominantly Monday – Friday 08:30 to 16:30 (includes half hour unpaid lunch break) however the role will require the successful candidate to work flexible.
This role will be extremely rewarding, you will be welcomed into a team of 28 members of staff in total and will be helping with the smooth day-to-day running of the office. You will be responsible for maintaining a positive and friendly image by acting as the first line of contact to visitors and volunteers, in person, online, and via the telephone. You will have support from the team and will work alongside all members, reporting directly to the CEO.
The ideal candidate will be familiar working in an office space, have a background in working in a busy and fast paced environment and be passionate about supporting a small but growing charity. You will be reliable, trustworthy, and efficient in your work and always happy to take on tasks that may be outside of your job to support our young people and charity. You will be competent in using Microsoft applications; Excel, Word, PowerPoint and be willing and keen to learn.
- 2 years relevant experience in Administration
- GSCE or equivalent in English and Maths or working towards
- IT literate: Microsoft Word, Excel. & PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work without supervision
- Be able to work independently and within a team
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Proactive, self-motivated, can-do attitude
- Ability to work dynamically and think creatively
- Enhanced DBS clearance
- Answer and direct phone calls promptly within 3 rings
- Respond to admin emails promptly (internal and external)
- Support the CEO with day to day administration
- Manage GC central administrative database
- Upload learner EHCP information onto Engage
- Manage learner register and e-reception
- Covid-19 Registrations & Track and Trace
- Open / close main gates for visitors and arrange sign-in
- Organise and schedule visitor appointments
- Take minutes for standardisation meeting and weekly Heads of Department meetings
- Order all office, site, H&S, horticulture, FS, and catering supplies
- Match invoices to monthly Barclaycard statement & allocate cost centres
- Manage post and office deliveries
- Set-up meeting room and manage bookings and central calendar
- Book training courses and arrange CPD for staff and volunteers
- Organise volunteer and event days and collate volunteer data
- Create generic learner documentation, portfolios
- Update staff Policy & Procedure folders
- Update all notice boards
- Help all staff set up virtual meetings
- Electronic filing of recruitment information e.g. DBS, contracts, certificates, registrations in line with GDPR Regulations
- The post holder will be required to undertake other appropriate activities related to achieving the organisations objectives, as determined by the CEO.
- To be familiar with and work to all the organisation’s Policies and Procedures in particular the safeguarding and data protection policies
- To work collaboratively with all other staff members
- To participate in 10 hours CPD per year specific to the needs of Green Corridor
- To keep your own individual Professional Development Plan up to date.
Our client is a small, dynamic UK registered Charity, working to improve the employability of disadvantaged 16-25-year olds through their horticulture and catering programmes. They have over fifteen years of experience developing and implementing projects across West London and surrounding counties to improve local communities and the green spaces that they rely on.
Why should you apply?
- To join a fantastic organisation
- To become part of a great team
- To showcase your knowledge and skill set
If you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button or by visiting the Green Corridor Website.
Keywords: Administration Officer, Admin, Clerical, Office, Ordering, Telephone, Registered Charity, Horticulture, Catering, Projects
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'