Administration Officer- Banking
Start date: asap
Salary: up to £32,000 pa depending on experience + excellent benefits including private healthcare and pension scheme
Our client, a prestigious bank with excellent international reputation is looking for an Administration Officer with accounting to join their team.
The role will involve a range of responsibilities including assisting with the bank`s systems administration, providing a comprehensive service for all offices/buildings of the bank, covering services, purchase ledger and supplies and deputising for the Administration Manager.
- Supervising administration staff and help them develop
- Purchase Ledger - coding and checking of all invoices received for payment, processing and circulating for approval and payment. Maintaining Administration records.
- Accounts - Inputting/checking entries on the accounting system.
- Assisting in calculating, allocating, invoicing and accounting for service charges to all tenants relating to Bank owned premises.
- Assisting with purchasing of all supplies, equipment, furniture and services in accordance with the bank`s procedures. Produce purchase orders.
- Shared responsibility with purchasing and design of stationery/printing. Arrange quotations, proofs and printing of approved changes as necessary.
- Shared responsibility in maintaining and reconciling call logging, security access control systems, voice recorder, office equipment etc. Reporting faults promptly.
- Assisting in maintaining fixed asset register including monthly depreciation, new assets, write offs, asset tagging, auditing and related accounting. Manage fixed asset audit process.
- Assisting in managing office services including: Mail, Messengers, Receptionists and Security Officers
- Reviewing, and updating agreed changes to the department`s standard operating procedures and ensuring adherence to them at all times.
- Assisting in contracts management.
- Assisting the facilities management with Health & Safety role.
- Assist with business and travel expenses and reconciling business accounts when required.
- Cover Switchboard when required in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Ad hoc duties as directed by Administration management
- Solid experience in accounting preferably within a financial services environment
- Experience of contracts management, purchasing, health and safety is preferred.
- Attention to detail and precision
- Good numerical skills
- Strong IT skills including Excel.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, positive attitude
- Analytical and structured with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work unsupervised, under pressure and prioritise work accordingly
- A strong team player
- Flexibility, a string work ethic and willingness to learn
This is a great opportunity for ambitious candidates who would like to work in an international environment, which offers excellent opportunities for development.
*Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive for this role we are only able to respond to successful applicants.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job