Finance and Business
- To implement the financial decisions of the Executive Principal andBoard of Directors.
- To prepare appraisals for future projects and for the development of a long term financial strategy for the future development of the school and residential provision.
- To maximise income generation within the ethos of the school
- In conjunction with the Executive Principal, create the detailed budget for the school.
- To use financial management information,
- Monitor and control income and expenditure in relation to the school's budget.
- To assist in the preparation of all financial returns for the DFE and other central and local government agencies within statutory deadlines.
- To provide leadership and guidance for support staff
- To be responsible for the recruitment, induction, training and professional development of all support staff.
- To be responsible for the Performance Management of non-teaching support staff.
- To have a good knowledge of SIMS
Human Resources Management
- To be responsible for general personnel matters ensuring required pre-employment checks are carried out for new employees, dealing with staff queries about salaries, expenses, sickness and maternity procedures etc. Monitor absence and undertake return to work interviews with support staff.
- To maintain confidential staff records, and to ensure that staff records held in the school by others are kept confidential.
- All safeguarding procedures are in place and adhered to generally, particularly in relation to the Single Central List (DBS checklist) and recruitment.
- Ensuring all HR processes and systems are legal, compliant with internal policies and best practice
- To work with the maintenance manager to implement the premises and site decisions of the Executive Principal
- To share responsibility with the Executive Principal and maintenance manager for the maintenance of the school site and the buildings, the preparation of maintenance schedules and the efficient operation of all facilities on the property.
- To lead the planning and implementation on site of new capital and refurbishment projects.
- To work with the maintenance manager to ensure all contracts are maintained to the highest quality and provide the school with value for money.
- To maximise the use of the accommodation both by school and outside agencies in order to generate income.
- To take responsibility for the main health and safety issues specific to the school and how they relate to pupils, staff, visitors and contractors.
- To negotiate, manage and monitor contracts, tenders and agreements for the provision of support services.
- To manage the letting of the school premises to outside organisations.
- To provide and document effective Risk Management, for example, in Health and Safety and in the management of any third party service contracts.
- To prepare disaster recovery plan and be aware of its place within the management procedures of the school.
- To manage the catering contracts, cleaning contracts, leasing arrangements, and Asset Register.
- Be responsible for the planning, development, design, organisation and monitoring of support services and whole school systems/procedures/policies.
- Participate as part of the Senior Leadership Team and to minute meetings as required
Whole School Administration
- To manage the administrative function including the administrative ICT facilities.
- To provide for the preparation and production of all school records and publications. This includes undertaking the co-ordination and administration of OFSTED inspections returns.
- To act as a bridge to facilitate closer working relationships between teaching and support staff.
- Interpret matters of policy/procedure/statute to ensure the school's compliance and initiate any appropriate action necessary.
- To promote the school to different audiences, including the press, and raise its profile within the local community.
- To liaise with local businesses for fundraising, arranging vocational experience and joint projects.
- All support staff within Finance, Premises, Administration and Reception.
- Direct Line Management of support staff
To undertake any other duties as appropriate to the grade of the post as requested by the Executive Principal.
Apply and join Sussex Healthcare!
- Administration Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job