The main duties within the role will be as follows:-
• Assisting or where appropriate leading the provision of pensions administration services for assigned Company Administration client portfolio.
• Overseeing day to day management of client relationships with trustees and corporate clients, and participation in trustee and client meetings where applicable. Taking a proactive stance to gain an extensive knowledge of assigned client portfolio to ensure client confidence, credibility and trust.
• Active participation in the Company's Administration’s marketing initiatives, new business activities, attending new business pitches and company events. Seeking opportunities to generate additional income from existing client portfolio.
• Providing expert advice solutions to pensions queries and pensions consultative advice; keeping abreast of technical and legislative developments within the pensions industry.
• Overseeing the project management of annual and ad-hoc projects such as renewals, benefit statements, pension increases, trustees’ reports and accounts. Ensuring projects are fully monitored and completed in line with customer and legislation requirements.
• Involvement in the scrutinising of client work of other less experienced pensions administration team members. Signing out of standard letters in response to customer queries.
• Taking responsibility for all aspects of admin billing, in conjunction with Admin Principal and Client Manager. Ensuring all recorded admin time is billed or accrued by the monthly deadline, all chargeable work is correctly recorded and billed as soon as possible, and all bills are issued and payment received on time.
• Disseminating information to team members on service delivery objectives and targets for assigned client portfolio. Presenting of technical matters at team meetings.
• Leading non-client activities, conducting internal audits, being alert to potential improvements in pensions administration processes, quality improvement and implementing changes. Ensuring Governance tracking measures (for example central spreadsheets, error logs etc) are updated promptly.
• Assuming responsibility for total workflow management for the designated team, including workload allocation, prioritisation and ensuring delivery in line with client expectations, legal timescales and service level agreements (SLAs). Holding regular workflow meetings with senior team members to manage progress and resolve any issues.
• Identifying team objectives or other necessary changes in line with business needs, and actively implements appropriate course of action.
• Positively contributing to regular management meetings, implementing any recommendations or decisions made in terms of working practices, resourcing, efficiencys and dissemination of communications to more junior staff.
• Formal staff management responsibilities including areas such as; conducting appraisals, setting individual and team objectives, handling HR, performance management issues and recruitment related activities as and where required.
• Formal responsibilities for mentoring, training, coaching and developing of pensions administration team members. Ensuring adherence to company policies and working procedures.
• Forging strong working relationships with other departments/teams both internal and external to the Company in order to provide a total service to our clients. e.g. Pensions Accounts, Payroll, Administration and Business Support and ITM (3rd party IT software provider).
To be considered you must be leading a Team of Administrators currently and be able to hit the ground running.
• Able to demonstrate an expert knowledge of pensions administration activities and apply this knowledge to any scheme.
• Previous pensions administration experience of Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution schemes (depending on the role, experience of DB/DC may differ subject to team requirements) including leavers, retirements, deaths, transfers, monthly processing and investment, benefit statemen
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job