About the opportunity:
This role is Insurance based whereby you will be working alongside the underwriting department by providing a range of ad-hoc and administrative tasks.
You must also be able to develop and maintain key relationships with directors, managers, broker and insurer partners.
Is this role for you?
In order to succeed within this role you must have a good team ethic as well as being highly independent. You will also be required to have outstanding attention to detail skills and complete work with high accuracy.
You will provide support to the underwriters (renewals and new business) by completing admin tasks as and when required.
- Complete quotation and policy schedules using standard templates.
- Data entry and production of reports and spreadsheets.
- Use of the company’s IT system for data entry and record keeping
- Completion and checking bordereaux for consistency and accuracy.
- Answering the telephone / speaking to brokers and insurers.
- Organising and maintaining diary system.
- Carrying out operational duties as required
- Handle general enquiries in a professional and timely manner
- Comply with all FCA regulations as per the company policies and procedures
- Develop self to maximise personal contribution to the role
- To maintain and develop personal knowledge and skills through continued professional development as well as ongoing at desk training and ensuring that this is recorded in line with Training and Competency requirements
- To conduct the business of the Company always in a courteous and efficient manner
- To undertake any other task as may reasonably be required by the Company
- Work within parameters of delegated authorities
- Meet agreed company service levels and standards
- Work within all legal/regulatory requirement
- Responsible for adhering to all Group’s procedures and policies in relation to the identification and management of potential conflict of interest and for the fair treatment of customers and will ensure they follow the system and control operating to ensure that this is the case
Qualifications and Experience:
- Suitable candidates must have previous experience in a similar role clerical or administrative role
- Proficient with Microsoft office (Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good professional telephone manner
- Use Initiative to make decisions
- Attention to detail
- Good team ethic
- Organised - works well to deadlines
- Client service centric
- Proactive approach to securing business
- Strong Communication skill - written and verbal
Our Group is fast paced and constantly changing, which makes it an exciting place to work. Along with the great people you would be working with in this role, we offer an excellent set of benefits which would include the following:
- Employer pension contribution of 6% (providing you, the Employee provides 2%)
- Salary increase following successful pass of probation
- Life Assurance at X4 of your base salary
- Group Income Protection
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible benefits
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'