Like the organisations we represent, making a positive impact on people's lives is important to us, and the work we do means just that. We pride ourselves on 'The Capsticks Way'—being world-class in the professional services we provide; taking a commercial approach; and treating all clients, employees and stakeholders with kindness and respect.
The Regulatory Division
The Regulatory team acts for many regulatory bodies involved in the field of professional discipline, primarily in the health sector but, increasingly, more widely. The work largely involves presenting cases but also requires managing an investigatory caseload where it is alleged that the registrant's fitness to practise is impaired through misconduct, competence or health issues and preparing those cases for hearings before panels and committees of the relevant regulators.
Further details about the firm, the Partners and the type of work carried out can be found on our website at www.capsticks.com
The Regulatory team is looking to recruit an Administration Assistant to assist and mentor the Regulatory Administration team. The main areas of responsibility will include:
- Arranging online meetings (use of Microsoft Teams and Zoom), conference calls, meetings, travel and booking conference rooms;
- Coordinating photocopying, printing, organising couriers, sending out of letters, faxes etc. with Floor support;
- Opening and closing of files, including conflict checking, setting up contacts, electronic filing, record keeping and archiving of files;
- Assisting client partner and Business Analyst with monthly billing and the production of client reporting;
- Completing redactions and extractions using PDF software;
- Acting as a point of contact for internal and external clients as well as liaising with registrants and witnesses;
- Collating bundles with the required correspondence, statements/ exhibits and other documentation;
- Taking internal and external telephone queries, responding as appropriate and/ or ensuring that all messages are passed on in a timely manner;
- Training of new paralegals on using PDF software for bundling and redactions;
- Use of excel, including filtering information and creating spreadsheets;
- Drafting general and basic correspondence as required;
Is this you?
Capsticks is committed to recruiting the best people to maintain its status as legal adviser of choice and the successful candidate will likely be able to demonstrate many or all of the following:
- Previous demonstrated experience in a similar role;
- Good communication (written and oral) skills;
- The ability to mentor a small team of Administrators;
- An excellent telephone manner;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Working knowledge of Excel;
- The ability to work to tight deadlines on a daily basis and remain calm under pressure;
- The ability to take responsibility for their own workload; and
- Good interpersonal skills, highly organised and reliable.
What Capsticks Can Offer You
- A competitive salary with excellent benefits
- A culture that promotes flexible and agile working
- An environment that encourages ideas
- An opportunity to work for a law firm that really makes a difference to people’s lives
Capsticks is an equal opportunities employer
Capsticks is committed to providing equal opportunities for all and to encouraging diversity through recruitment. Applications are welcome from all sections of the community and decisions to progress will be made with reference to entirely objective criteria only.
Capsticks is an agile firm and is open to conversations about flexible working.
In 2020 Capsticks achieved a 1 star accreditation from Best Companies, the specialists whose recognition programme is the standard for workplace engagement. The Best Companies accreditation is really important to Capsticks as it focuses on the trust and value we place in our people, their wellbeing and their careers
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'