We are proudly representing our public sector client based in Durham for their search for an Administration Assistant. They now have an immediate requirement to recruit for a temporary assignment to start as soon as possible till August 2021. This will be a home based role however, you may be required to attend the offices for training purposes.
- Accountable to the Senior Support Services Officer in the service area allocated, and will work in co-operation with the other Administration Assistants in Business Support.
- Responsible for transforming existing systems with an aim to eradicate paper and promote electronic data interchange/ filing where possible.
- Challenging and streamlining existing systems in accordance with lean systems thinking to remove unnecessary processes.
- Challenging existing ways of working in order to develop lean systems with electronic data interchange, electronic filing and on-line input wherever possible.
- Assist in the development of procedural guidance notes for all functions within the service.
- Work with the team to ensure invoices are paid in accordance with P2P procedures
- Work with the other Administration Assistants to ensure a quality service is provided to front line services at all times.
- Ensure post handling is carried out efficiently and effectively over the appropriate sites
- To work with other Support staff to assist in providing documents and reports to defend
- insurance claims
- To work with other members of the team to ensure resources are efficiently and effectively used
- Work with Technical Staff to ensure administrative support is in accordance with business needs
- NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration
- 5 GCSE’s (Grades A-C) or equivalent
- Proven experience in taking ownership and delivering results
- Experience in promoting a positive culture whilst working within a team
- Able to manage major change effectively
- Experience working independently with minimum supervision
- Experience with ICT packages
- Experience in development of electronic systems and streamlining processes
- Experience with Oracle
- Experience in challenging admin systems with a view to lean system working
- Great public sector client
- Easy location to travel to
- Varied and interesting job role
- Great resources
- Great team culture
- Any support required is provided
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'