Please submit a covering letter with your CV as one document.
Closing date for applications is 18.04.2018
Interviews expected to be conducted from week commencing 30.04.2018
This post is currently on a fixed term contract until 31st March 2019.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within the business support team, which would a suit a pro-active individual who is willing to work flexibly as part of a team covering the office between the hours of 7:30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- Data entry
- Effective communicator
- Microsoft Office
The Claims Management Regulation Unit (CMRU) supports the Ministry of Justice (MoJ) with responsibilities for authorisation, monitoring the market and enforcement in relation to the Compensation Act 2006.
This Act created the regulatory framework for claims management companies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for dealing with incoming and outgoing post, booking pool cars, organising meetings, meeting and greeting visitors and inputting and checking data.
As part of the role, the candidate will be required to do financial transactions such as invoicing and raising purchase orders.
Working as part of the administration team, the candidate will carry out health and safety checks around the premise and liaise with contractors.
The most suitable candidate will have excellent communication skills and the ability to pay attention to detail in a fast paced environment, and will also have the ability to accurately synthesise information and record data using electronic systems.
- Coordination and maintenance of business processes for the CMRU
- Be the point of contact for the CMRU officers to support with queries and smooth running of the office
- To provide administrative assistance and support including booking out equipment
- To use, maintain, and monitor extensive and varied ICT facilities including computer-based information systems for input, retrieval and analysis of data, use of office email and intra/internet facilities
- To maintain records, IT-based and manual, in accordance with the CMRU policies and Quality Procedures
- To service various meetings, including; organising venues, issuing invites and minute taking, the production of accurate records and the distribution of papers within agreed time scales
- The production of documents to a high standard of accuracy and presentation using the software provided. This will include the production of letters, reports, tables, presentations and publications
- Processing day to day financial transactions within the office, in accordance with financial regulations, including receipt of payment of cash, placing of orders, ensuring payment of accounts through the County Council Finance and Procurement System
- GCSE English or equivalent
- NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration or equivalent
- Experience of using Microsoft Office or equivalent software package
- Experience of office procedures, systems and equipment
- Working with a team, preferably in an office environment
- Working with internal/external customers to provide a quality service
- Demonstrate good written and oral communication skills at all levels- This post will involve liaison with Managers, fieldwork staff, multiagency accredited providers, colleagues in the department and members of the public
- Demonstrate relevant numerical skills required to complete financial transactions
- Demonstrate accurate and competent keyboard skills
- Time management skills with an ability to work under pressure and on own initiative
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job