Somek and Associates Limited (S&A) main function is to provide expert witnesses and professional reports for medico-legal purposes.
This role is an excellent opportunity for a canditate who is looking to gain vital experience in a market leading company with a strong record of employee development.
Our Mission is:
- To ensure courts have the best expert evidence with which to deal with cases justly
- To ensure lawyers litigating cases (and other case workers instructing us) have supreme confidence in their decisions based on our quality expert input
- To ensure our expert input is seen as value for money
The Administration Assistant will assist the Office Administration team with a key role related to the processing and management of evidence and other documentation relating to medico-legal cases, as well as supporting a variety of general office functions.
The Administration Assistant will need to be articulate, have excellent verbal and good written communication skills, be reliable and able to use own initiative, whilst also working as part of a small team. Attention to detail is important in this role due to dealing with important legal documents. The post holder will have a good level of computer literacy and an excellent telephone manner, and be familiar with all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel etc).
- Assisting the Office Admin team in the scanning and processing of confidential hard copy and electronic documentation - primarily evidence and communications from solicitors - onto the database.
- Responsibility for the storing or sending out of hard copy documentation to experts and solicitors, including evidence and S&A final reports and joint statements
- Logging and archiving/confidentially destroying freepost document returns
- Undertaking basic office functions related to ordering and stock room management
- Providing front of house function (answering door, greeting visitors and visitors book)
- Reviewing and managing the various administrative menus on the database (e.g. Evidence Missing, Evidence Issues, Royal Mail Track & Trace etc)
- excellent verbal communication skills
- excellent telephone manner
- good reading and writing skills (fast but thorough, accurate; good concentration)
- good level of computer literacy, including Microsoft Office
- willingness to learn
- conscientious, well organised with good attention to detail
- able to use own initiative and display a courteous and professional manner at all times
- comfortable working under pressure
- able to work well as part of team
- English and Maths must have been attained to GCSE Grade A*-C minimum, or equivalent
- "business-like" presentation and approach
In-house training will be provided on all S&A software including all business machines.
In-house training will be provided on all job roles as required.
The nature of the work of S&A is highly confidential and the post holder will be expected to maintain full confidence. and growth.
- Communication Skills
- Computer Literate
- Data Entry
- Organisational Skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job