A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve "Gold Standard" Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.
We are looking for someone who has administration experience but with an interest in IT.
The purpose of the role is to provide technical support and administrative services for the Support Team.
- Administer logins for core Shoosmiths systems.
- Administer service requests.
- Setup and deliver laptops in accordance with team practices.
- Maintain accurate records of various hardware as dictated by the Support Manager.
- Maintain the Definitive Software Library.
- Carry out daily, weekly and monthly scheduled tasks as dictated by the Support Manager.
- Administer personnel changes as notified by HR.
- Produce reports from the ITSM tool as required.
- Produce and manage team documentation.
- Administer Shoosmiths Collaborate Platform.
- Maintain the CloudFax platform.
- Maintain stocks of equipment as needed.
- Liaising with is admin and key suppliers in relation to faulty equipment.
- Maintain accurate records of home user equipment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the IS department teams & Help Assistants.
- Have a good understanding of the systems available within Shoosmiths.
- Assist other areas of the IS department as and when required.
- Be aware of current Health and Safety requirements and co-operate with Facilities Management.
- To work within the guidelines and procedures provided by the IS Department.
- Assist with IT re-locations and moves.
(90%) To provide assistance to the Support Team as above.
(10%) Other tasks as appropriate.
Skills and qualifications
Technical skills and competencies
- Ability to deal with customers at all levels.
- Service driven.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both internally and externally.
- Team player.
- Attention to detail.
Role-specific knowledge and expertise
- Good understanding of IT systems and infrastructure.
- Excellent administration skills
- Working in a service orientated environment.
Experience, qualifications, and other role-specific requirements
- Basic GCSE's.
- Experience of dealing with customers.
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Good GCSE's and/or NVQ’s.
- Has had exposure to working within a customer focus environment.
- Able to work with little supervision.
- Ability to develop and discuss own initiatives.
It is essential that the Support Assistant can work flexible or extended hours to complete some tasks outside of core business hours of 08:00 to 18:00.
Travel to other Shoosmiths offices will be necessary on occasions.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job