Shoosmiths - UK Law Firm of the Year Winner at the Legal Week British Legal Awards 2015.
A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve "Gold Standard" Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.
Our Recoveries Services Group provides a complete range of debt recovery services utilising cutting edge technology and with specialists dealing with different debt types, all operating under a centralised management structure allowing us to deliver consistently excellent service. Our structure ensures we can provide a full range of volume recoveries and litigation options, whilst ensuring that we have the expertise and experience to deal with complex and technical issues arising from volume recoveries.
The Operations Team is based at the Lakes although the team work for all areas of RSG regardless of office location. It is made up up of five different areas;
- The new business team is responsible for opening and incepting new cases, conflict searching and obtaining HMLR official copies where required.
- The financial transactions team cover all of the financial aspects involved with running an RSG case.
- Our statistical analysis team carries out the reporting for the majority of our clients - these are standard reports but also bespoke reports created to meet the clients needs. They also provide internal analysis on various systems used within RSG.
- The Visualfiles team comprises of system administrators and business analysts. They work closely with the Business and IS teams to ensure the smooth running of Visualfiles.
- Best practice is also included in Operations. This involves reviewing current processes to see where they can be streamlined and improved.
The main purpose of the role is to work with the financial transactions team in the Operations area of RSG.
- Assist in ensuring all client SLA’s are met
- Adhere to all service standards
- Be a confident point of contact for our clients with regards to general financial queries
- Ensure that all financial transactions are completed in line with SAR
- Ensure that all bills, reports and remittance are submitted in line with our clients expectations
- Attend and complete any training in a timely manner
- Entry of financial information onto the case management system
- Investigate discrepancies between the groups finance and case management systems
- Investigate general financial queries from the business
- Liaise with other internal teams as appropriate
- Other tasks as appropriate
- Payments of all invoices within SLA
- Processing of all incoming payments within SLA
- Produce client reports and transaction breakdowns
- Production and submission of client bills
- Reconciliation of cheques
- Recording team Management Information
- Remittance of client funds
- To be familiar with and follow the Unit’s policies, procedures and processes
Skills and qualifications
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to prioritise workload
- Intermediate Excel experience.
- Able to work as part of a team, but able to use own initiative when required.
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent) to include Maths and English.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. These checks will include employment references covering the last 5 years, proof of ID, proof of address covering the last 5 years, Personnel Vetting credit search (which will only highlight insolvency or County Court Judgments - should any adverse data show on the Personnel Vetting search then any offer of employment made will be withdrawn).Terrorism Check (against data supplied by the Bank of England) and a DBS check previously known as a Criminal Records check.
Shoosmiths is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
- Administrative Support
- Financial Services
- Law Firm
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job