Lockton is the world’s largest privately held independent insurance broker. Their focus is to provide their clients with the best in risk management, insurance and employee benefits consulting.
The entrepreneurial culture of the business is reflected in empowering associates to act quickly, learn fast and provide the right solutions for their clients.
This is a new opportunity to join our Glasgow office, primarily to provide key administrative support and additionally to carry out reception work as the first point of contact for all visitors and staff to Lockton.
This opportunity would suit either those at the outset of their professional career in a regulated industry. Alternatively, you may already have substantial experience in this type of role and be seeking your next challenge. Career development opportunities are available for those who wish to progress in the business.
Key tasks and responsibilities in the role will include:
- To meet and greet visitors to the Reception and make them feel welcome.
- Ensure visitor signing in procedure is followed.
- Direct all visitors/guests to the designated meeting room and offer refreshments.
- Handling both internal and external switchboard calls for the company; in a calm, courteous and professional manner in accordance with Lockton procedures.
- Provide accurate routing of calls to appropriate departments/persons, or dealing with their enquiries as necessary.
- Quality production of Lockton agendas, minutes of meetings, and file notes.
- Support and assist Lockton Associates with the compilation, production, and graphical layout of various reports/questionnaires.
- Maintain the filing and archiving systems to ensure redundant data is removed from the filing system and stored accordingly in line with GDPR regulations.
- Arrange for files to be lodged to and retrieved from off-site storage as directed.
- Organise destruction of documents and files as directed and in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Acceptance of documents fromindividuals/couriers and timely forwarding to relevant persons.
- Monitor, collect and frankpost, as and when required.
Suitable candidates for the role will need to demonstrate:
- Proficient knowledge and expertise in respect of Microsoft Office packages, i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing with clients, insurers and other associates.
- Ability to manage time, prioritise and ensure deadlines are met without compromising quality.
- A thorough understanding of and adherence to standards andprocedures.
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative and collegiate manner.
- Work in support of other team colleagues and team player.
Lockton attract the best professionals to come and work with them who are excited by their unique culture that values respect, ethical, moral and caring approach, in fact their associates are their greatest asset.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'