Administration Assistant - Inclusion & Safeguarding
Administrative Assistant - Inclusion and Safeguarding
Salary: £19,331 (actual £10,976)
25 Hours Per week/ Term-time only 38 weeks
Our College Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally. The group is currently home to a population of over 4,600 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes.
We are looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Administrative Assistant to join our Student Services. The successful candidate will be required to provide administration support for our Student Finance and Student Events team, which are two key functions in the Student Services Team. It is essential that the successful candidate is confident in liaising and working with students between the ages 16 and 19 as this is a key element of the role.
The post holder will also have excellent communication skills and a strong customer service focus.
You will need have an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Packages, as you will need to access, produce and edit a range of documents.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work with the Head of Student Services and the Student Welfare Officer Team to monitor identified vulnerable learners and record information relating to their attendence, concerns, progress and achievements.
- To attend weekly meetings and produce an overview including current attendance, comments from Promonitor and any other concerns for vulnerable learners, in particular learners that are Looked After Children (LAC), learners with considerable vulnerability such as CSE concerns, taking notes, monitoring actions and ensuring the Head of Student Services and the Student Welfare Officer Team are aware of any issues.
- At the start of the academic year identify all students that are LAC and produce an overview of all LAC learners that can be shared with Curriculum Area so that curriculum teams are aware of the learners hat the Student Services Team are working with.
- To keep a record of Student behaviour concerns. Ensuring that accurate information is gathered enabling the Head of Student Services, Security, Student Welfare Officers and the Director of Student Engagement and Partnerships are able to monitor students behaviour and take action where necessary.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Is educated to GCSE level or equivalent including English and Maths
- Has experience of working in a clerical/admin role in a busy fast-paced office environment.
- Has experience of making admin arrangements for large and complex events would be desirable.
- Good written and verbal communication skills including negotiation and customer service skills .
- Is able to build trust and a good rapport with young people while maintaining professional boundaries.
What's in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
How to apply
To apply for the role of Administrative Assistant - Inclusion and Safeguarding, please go to and click on 'Apply' and complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is Friday 8 February 2019.
Interviews to take place on Wednesday 20 February 2019.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'