HW Fisher is a top 25 UK chartered accountancy firm. We are a commercially astute organisation with a personal, partner-led service aimed at entrepreneurial small and medium enterprises (SMEs), large corporates and high-net worth individuals.
Our clients come from many different backgrounds and are active in all branches of commerce and industry. Our reputation is grounded in quality, delivering premium advisory services efficiently and cost-effectively.
Founded in 1933, the practice comprises 28 partners and approximately 300 staff supplying a range of services spanning audit, corporate taxation, private client services, VAT and forensic accounting, together with a range of sector groups offering specialist industry knowledge.
The Company Secretarial Department is a small yet busy area of the firm which deals with a large number of clients. It is comprised of three qualified Chartered Secretaries, an Assistant Manager, two trainees, a senior assistant and an assistant.
The work of the department covers a wide spectrum of work from routine confirmation statements and accounts approval minutes to share buybacks and capital reductions. The department also works closely with the corporate tax department (producing documentation for employee share schemes), the corporate finance department (producing documentation for capital restructures and share issues) and the audit department (providing company law and secretarial advice on a wide variety of matters).
We are looking for an assistant to provide support and basic administrative functions to the Company Secretarial (Co Sec) Department. No experience is necessary as full training will be given and may suit someone looking for their first step on the career ladder. The role has scope to develop for the right person.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The role is varied in nature and will include:
- Providing general administrative support to all members of the Department.
- Sorting and distribution of the incoming post.
- Answering general telephone calls and dealing with straightforward matters.
- Assisting with the management of email enquiries received by the general Co Sec email address, replying to basic enquiries and distributing to the appropriate member of staff within the Co Sec Department.
- Assisting with the maintenance of the Co Sec Department client databases.
- Assisting with billing.
- Assisting with the filing of documents at Companies House.
- Scanning and filing of documents in the internal document management system.
- Assisting with the preparation of confirmation statements each month and following up any outstanding and overdue statements.
- Maintaining the registered office list for display.
- Returning documents to clients, as and when necessary, and arranging for the forwarding of records of lost clients to new advisers.
- Conducting basic Companies House searches and preparing company profiles.
- Preparing accounts approval minutes for the Audit Department.
- Undertaking any other administrative functions as required from time to time.
We require a candidate educated to at least A-level standard (or equivalent) with a good level of computer literacy, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. The successful candidate should also be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to work in a team and individually
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to work to deadlines
- Good time management
As stated above, this may lead to further opportunities within the Department for the right person.The Benefits:
- Salary: £18,000 - £20,000
- Group Life Cover
- 22 days holiday on commencement
- Buying and Selling Holiday Scheme
- PHI (Permanent Health Insurance)
- Contributory Private Health Scheme
- Non-Contributory Health Cash Plan
- Season Ticket Loan (after qualifying period)
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle voucher scheme
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'