We are Unum (pronounced you-num) and we’re one of the UK’s leading financial protection insurers; that means we sell Income Protection, Critical Illness cover and Life Insurance. You may not have heard of us before, so you probably don’t know that we’ve been around for over forty years and insure more people under our Income Protection products than Aviva, Legal and General, or Canada Life - companies you’re more likely to have heard of. We are working towards becoming the Employee Benefits provider of choice for working Britain.
To provide a professional service in all aspects of claims administration within agreed Service Levels, whilst maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction and accuracy.
- Provide varied administration support to teams across the Customer Care Division
- Accurately index unsolicited post, process un-applied work items (Orphan Sources) to the correct files and provide payment/authorisation of medical fees on a daily basis to ensure service standards are met.
- Complete all assigned admin work accurately (review proportionate benefits, shared liability, limitation of benefit calculations and check eligibility) within service standards so that business needs are met.
- Provide a professional call handling service in relation to the Customer Care Network and own telephone in order to provide an appropriate level of service to all customers.
- Issue Claim Packs via phone or email requests.
- Process "Total and Permanent Disability" claims as allocated to ensure any changes are identified in order to meet business needs.
- Accurately process claims registrations, create relevant transactions, obtain the associated scheme requirements and undertake full eligibility reviews within agreed service standards.
- Chase all required medical and non-medical information, within agreed time-scales, keeping the customer informed at all times to ensure all evidence is received in a timely manner.
- Ensure the continued protection of Unum’s information, by following all applicable Information Security policies and procedures and by reporting suspected weaknesses in information security controls to the Information Security Officer.
- Understand how Conduct Risk, Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) Risk Management and Solvency II systems of Governance relate to both the role and the divisional activities and highlight any opportunities for improvement.
- Comply with Unum’s Code of Conduct and other Company Policies and Procedures as appropriate to the role.
- Delivers Results
Sets high goals for personal accomplishment and contribution to team/area goals; monitors progress and works diligently to meet/exceed goals.
- Develops Self
Displays strong capacity and thirst for learning and developing broad business and leadership skills; openness to diverse ideas & experiences and has keen self-awareness re: strengths and areas of development.
- Makes Effective Decisions
Evaluates options by thinking both critically and holistically when considering relevant information and potential implications to both the team and company; chooses an effective option.
- Strong Business Acumen
Displays strong understanding of own department and good general understanding of overall business objectives, evolving customer needs and technological solutions; applies continuous improvement practices to enhance business processes and results.
- Strong Teamwork
Actively works collaboratively to help move the team toward the completion of team and business goals.
- Values Driven
Interacts with others, internally and externally, in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization; operates with highest integrity/ethics.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic product knowledge
- Knowledge of the claims admin processes
- Knowledge of eligibility scheme requirements
- Knowledge of in-house systems (CMS, AWD, Alis, GPAS)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Good level of numeracy required.
- Compulsory Annual Training
- Communication Skills
- Customer Service Skills
- Ongoing products, processes and systems training.
Minimum Entry Criteria:
- Experience in an administrative role within a customer service environment.
- A strong customer focused approach to working is essential.
- A good level of numeracy.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word and Excel)
This is a great opportunity to work for a UK subsidiary of a global organisation, we look after our employees, offer a great work-life balance, generous benefits, a professional challenge and fantastic career opportunities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job