Job Title: Manager, Administration & Accounting
Reports to: Company President & CEO:
Direct Reports: 2 administrators
Contract Type: Permanent Employee
Start date: 01 March 2019 (or earlier) Location: London
Salary: Circa £45,000 to £50,000
Our client is an international leading general trading company whose trading activities span a broad range of goods and commodities.
The Administration & Accounting Manager role oversees and manages the Administration & Accounting Team (currently 2 team members) to ensure the office runs efficiently and safely. This role proactively supports senior level stakeholders, including the Company President & CEO and generally supports the needs of the wider business.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
The key duties and responsibilities for this role include (but are not limited to):
•Ensuring that the office runs efficiently and safely and in line with Company policies and procedures.
• Updating Company policies, rules, regulations, and forms as required.
• Coordinating and managing highly confidential and sensitive matters and data in line with data protection regulations.
• Overseeing the arrangements for internal & external meetings including meeting room booking, liaising with external participants, sending diary invites, informing reception about guest’s arrival in advance, preparing refreshments/lunch, guest WIFI as required.
• Ordering office equipment and stationery as required.
• Maintaining the monthly attendance record, travel schedules, and weekly report of staff activities.
• Booking conferences and arrange payment of conference fees as requested. Keep a record of conferences attended by staff.
• Taking responsibility for the Company credit card. (including making payments, keeping accurate records and reconciling the monthly statement.)
• Assisting the development teams as required with all aspects of project development.
• Overseeing all aspects of travel/car hire & hotel arrangements for staff and also visitors from head office.
• Ensuring all legal documents, non-disclosure and service agreements are recorded and filed.
• Maintaining a record of all visitors to London, such report will be used to tax purposes.
• Managing Accounts Receivable/Credit Control processes, chasing debtors for payment as necessary.
• Recording fixed assets and taking an annual inventory check.
• Checking business trip, entertainment and miscellaneous expense claims for staff, and ensure these payments are made through online banking system and input on SAGE in a timely manner
• Taking responsibility for maintaining cash flow for three currency accounts, putting funds on deposit and arranging inter-account transfer of currency as required.
• Instructing the issuing of sales invoices.
• Processing payments of purchase invoices in accordance with Company rules
• Producing a monthly report of various types of expense for budget purposes
• Overseeing the input of data onto SAGE and at month end reconcile the bank accounts and purchase/sales/nominal ledger accounts up to P/L and B/S stage.
• Preparing the VAT report for every quarter.
Skills & Competencies Required
• Previous experience of managing a small team
• Previous experience supporting senior level stakeholders
• Good communication, time management and multi-tasking skills are required
• Able to manage and plan work load effectively
• Excellent spoken & written English
• Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Accounting experience with knowledge of SAGE software
• Knowledge of HR processes and practices would be beneficial
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK as the Company is not able to support visa applications.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'