We are proudly representing our public sector client based in Newcastle for their search for an Education Assistant. They now have an immediate requirement to recruit for a temporary assignment to start as soon as possible until October 2019.
- Helping collate info for induction
- Helping audit information online
- General office admin (data input, mail shots)
- Sign posting at induction events
- Helping with some event logistics
- Working under the oversight of an Education Administrator and the Education team leader, to complete activities in the Education Activity Planner
- Inputting amendments to annual documentation such as modules and regulations
- Supporting the student registration and induction cycle, including organising inductions, updating handbooks, and personal tutor allocation.
- Ensuring up to date information is uploaded to the various systems, i.e. SAP, Module Outline Forms (MOFs), NESS, Blackboard
- Inputting updates of teaching materials on systems as they arise, and the timely distribution of materials to staff and students
- Checking and updating student data using systems, including ensuring students are appropriately registered on programmes and modules as required
- Receiving and collating exam papers from colleagues, receiving and checking of coursework
- Follow up for non or late submissions, distributing and tracking assessed work out for marking and chasing to ensure it is processed within expected timescales
- Transcribing or uploading marks to relevant systems, i.e. NESS, Blackboard
- Acting as secretary to Module Moderation Boards and Boards of Examiners, including agenda preparation and circulation, minute taking and monitoring progress of actions
- Acting as secretary to meetings including, but not limited to, Boards of Studies and Examiner and Module Moderation Boards, including meeting organisation, agenda preparation and circulation, minute taking and monitoring of actions
- Setting up systems evaluations for students to complete
- Managing receipt of absence request forms and processing of PEC requests, approving extensions within set criteria, liaising with professional service and academic colleagues where necessary, communicating decisions back to students and ensuring that institutional systems are updated
- Providing support for post application visit days
- To provide students with a consistent level of service and ensure they are effectively supported throughout their programme lifecycle, including whilst taking part in activities such as placements and mobility opportunities
- To act as front line support for student queries in various locations associated on a rota basis and?will be expected to take on a generic health and safety role
- To work closely with colleagues/ to: deliver strategy, ensuring alignment with strategies, policies, guidelines and approaches; share best practice in a service culture; and undertake joint planning with a commitment to change management in order to maximise impact and effectiveness
- To carry out other duties, as defined by line manager
- Grades A-C in English Language and Mathematics at GCSE (or vocational qualifications or equivalent)
- Demonstrable work experience in a relevant role and/or comparable setting
- Working knowledge of relevant systems equipment, processes and procedures including standard software packages
- Appreciation of the standards for the conduct and output of the role
- Good I.T. skills, i.e. good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software packages
- Basic understanding of relevant policies and procedures, as they affect the role
- Is factually correct and gives consistent verbal and non-verbal messages???
- Chooses communication tools appropriately?eg?selective use of e-mails and other channels of communication???
- Uses face to face communication regularly; team meetings, one to ones, informal discussions/chats, briefing sessions etc???
- Tailors content of communication to the audience, changing style, tone and format appropriately???
- Great public sector client
- Easy location to travel to
- Varied and interesting job role
- Great resources
- Great team culture
- Any support required is provided
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'