One or two sentences giving a simple statement of why the role exists
The role of the Administrative Assistant is to provide support to the Procurement Support Team and the Contracts Officer.
This includes the preparation of standard documentation and setting up of procurement projects on the ProContract system, together with general office administration duties associated with the overall operation of the Procurement Team.
The position involves extensive contact with various levels of internal staff as well as external customers and developing and maintaining a professional interface is essential to maintain the reputation of the Orbit.
ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSBILITIES
Statement of the main areas of accountability and responsibility
- Performing administrative tasks including, but not limited to telephone answering, email management, maintaining records, creation of project documentation from standard templates under the instruction and guidance of other team members, and creation of projects on ProContract
- Managing payments and checking Invoices for suppliers ready for approval
- Dealing with internal queries relating to team contract management
- Support in maintaining the contracts register and carry out scanning of contracts as required
- Support with the update and creation of Supplier records on our e systems
- General admin in ensuring Procurement and Contracts files are organised and up to date
- Developing & building on knowledge and skills through an appropriate mix of learning activities.
- Carry out any Health and Safety related duties as required
The tools needed to do the role
- Educated to GSCE level or equivalent experience (English and Maths essential)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and work under pressure to meet deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Self-motivated individual.
- Problem solving skills.
- Good user-level knowledge of MS Office programmes, particularly Excel and Word
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job