Established cargo supervision company with modern offices close to Ingatestone Station specialising in ascertaining weight and quality of shipments of Cocoa, Coffee and Sugar.
Administrative experience required, with a high standard of education. Experience in shipping/logistics and/or accounting is desirable but not essential.
Enthusiastic, hard working and able to work as part of the team.
A working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP, Sharepoint and/or Citrix would also be an advantage.
Strong understanding of Excel is essential.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
General office and administrative duties
- Manage and process Purchase and Sales orders and Invoices
- Ownership of job orders from point of order to delivery
- Maintain electronic and hard copy systems
- Navigate systems to provide accurate up to date information relating to customer orders and accounts
- Manage relationships with customers
- Assisting accountant where necessary with all aspects of accounting
- Create documents including correspondence, reports, recaps, invoices, memos and emails
- Schedule and coordinate travel arrangements for managers or field supervisors
Education and Experience
- Good standard of education, preferred A level or Degree
- Experience in shipping and/or logistics would be an advantage
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook
- A knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP, Sharepoint and Citrix would be an advantage
- Operation of standard office equipment
- Knowledge of clerical, accounting and administrative procedures and systems.
- Communication skills - written and verbal
- Planning, prioritizing and organizing
- Problem assessment and problem solving
- Information gathering and information monitoring
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer service skills
- Good timekeeping
Salary and Career progression
- 20,000 pa to 26,000 pa, flexible and dependant on experience and skills
- 6-month probation period
- Career progression within the organisation for the right candidate
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Great Plain
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job