We are currently recruiting for adjudicators (complaint handlers) on a contractual basis to join our client, the Financial Ombudsman Service; who are an independent and impartial complaint reviewer for the financial services industry.
The role will require you to investigate both sides of a dispute and then make a fair and reasonable decision on the outcome. You will be provided with best-in-class training, and get to work alongside other bright individuals in a culture of excellence.
The ideal candidate for this role will -
• Have experience of resolving complaints/disputes and being the decision maker.
• Have an ability to use judgement, with a focus on quality, customer service and doing the right thing.
• Have the ability to mediate and build rapport through conversations on the telephone, whilst using discretion.
• Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Be a good listener; ensuring that people feel that they have been heard fairly even if a decision hasn't gone their way.
• Be able to deal with difficult customers and remain composed under pressure
• Have an aptitude for problem solving, with excellent attention to detail.
• Ideally have a general understanding of PPI (but not essential)
In return you will be rewarded with a generous day rate with excellent training and support. Your knowledge will grow quickly and this is a genuine opportunity to work for an exceptional company.
We have start dates in March and April 2018 and the initial tenure for the contract is 18 months, with a further review after that. This full time role is deemed to be inside IR35, therefore the pay rate is £159-205 per day depending on the payment method you choose.
Should you have the right experience, or feel that your skills are relevant and transferable to this role, please apply with your most up to date version of your CV and we will be in contact to give you more information.
- Customer Service
- Financial Services
- Problem Solving
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job