An excellent opportunity has arisen to lead our Actuarial Reporting team within the Reserving team in Fareham. As the head of the team, you will assist with reporting of actuarial work, and help communicate the financial risk and its consequences - all of which are fundamentally important to our business - with senior UK Actuarial and Exec-level exposure, on a day-to-day basis.
Using analytical and mathematical skills, you’ll work alongside some of the most talented qualified actuaries, as well as liaising with other areas of the business, including Finance and Underwriting.
- Ensure the timely and accurate delivery of Group and regulatory requirements.
- Clearly highlight, document and explain any assumptions made in submissions.
- Provide support to the UK P&C Chief Actuary with reporting and communication of the results.
- Assist with the production and discussions around the business plan.
- Provide technical advice and counsel within the Actuarial team and to the wider Finance team, when required.
- Provide guidance and support for team members.
- Support and advise Finance, market-facing business units, and other functions on reserving and strategic business decisions.
Your skills and experience:
- A qualified actuary with post-qualified experience, ideally with experience in regulatory (incl SII) reporting, finance bookings.
- A strong team leader who is able to manage multiple stakeholders across the actuarial team, the UK business, and contacts at the regional office and at Group.
- A serious and professional attitude towards compliance of regulatory submissions with an eye for attention to detail in order to support accuracy.
- Degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Economics or equivalent
- Excellent team-working, communication and interpersonal skills are also required
- Professional manner
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Able to cope with change
- Able to manage and meet deadlines and work under pressure
In return we are offering an attractive salary plus a generous benefits package including bonus and defined contribution pension scheme. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job