Mazars LLP are looking for a talented and driven Actuarial Manager to join their Actuarial team.
Working mainly in the Non-Life insurance area, this is an exciting opportunity to be involved in a wide variety of projects and roles, both with the actuarial team and wider Financial Services team to add significant value to a growing UK business. This role will be split between external audit during the financial reporting season and a wide range of actuarial consultancy work for the balance of the year.
As an Actuarial Manager, we are looking for a self-starting, positive and driven individual, with a thirst for achieving excellence in all his/her projects. He/she will be a true professional with high level of technical excellence. You will be committed to delivering quality work whilst working to tight timescales. You will be highly organised and efficient, with the ability to work on several projects at the same time. As part of Mazars’ wider Consulting team, you will be a confident communicator and comfortable interacting with both current and potential new clients on a regular basis. You will be able to work well both in a team and independently.
In the medium term there will be opportunities to progress to more senior levels. The role will also include people management.
Our key clients include Proprietary Life and General insurance companies, Mutuals, Lloyd’s syndicates, the PRA and FCA.
• Manage the delivery of general insurance external/internal audit support work; liaising closely with the GI Actuarial Partner, Director, Senior Managers, key audit and internal audit partners and their team; and managing the work of the actuarial students.
• Provide GI actuarial consultancy to regulators, brokers, insurers and reinsurers.
• Ensure engagements are executed and delivered to the highest level of technical standards.
• Prepare technical analysis and reporting that can stand up to regulatory and other consultancy (e.g. Big Four) scrutiny.
• Ensure engagements are delivered in line with budgets, deadlines and Mazars policies, procedures and quality controls.
• Understand and address key client issues and anticipate and manage client expectations.
• Maintain top quality delivery, producing output at a consistently high level.
• Actively involve and contribute to the management of the GI actuarial team in terms of team utilisation, recovery and budget.
• Takes ownership and accountability for the client relationship and staffs accordingly.
• Commercially astute and aware of the requirement for client profitability.
• Maintain and develop up-to-date and sound technical general insurance knowledge.
• Understand and apply GI actuarial techniques.
• Working knowledge of all relevant Technical Actuarial Standards.
• Develop Mazars staff at all levels through effective supervising, coaching, motivating and mentoring
• Assist in the identification and recruitment of new talent to the team and organisation.
• Maintain a work environment that people find compelling as a place to learn, grow and contribute.
• Act as a key team contact both internally and externally.
• Take people management responsibility for a student.
• Champion Mazars overall and particularly the GI Actuarial areas.
• Provide measured and well-thought through input to the overall team and Mazars strategic objectives.
• Develop GI actuarial consulting opportunities.
• Develop new ideas about maintaining existing business and growing new business.
• Leverage client relationships to drive new business opportunities and internal client referrals.
• Understand Mazars full service offerings and identify other business opportunities.
• Help promote GI actuarial offerings through conference speaking, written articles, social media, etc.
• Develop and maintain a strong network of contacts.
• Develop an industry profile as an industry expert and be known for externally marketing Mazars services.
• Experience within Non-life insurance, specifically reserving or capital modelling or pricing. Experience in Solvency II, UK GAAP or IFRS 17 highly desirable.
• Qualified Non-Life actuary (or nearly qualified).
• Excellent knowledge of Excel/VBA/Access.
• Experience using of other actuarial software such as R is beneficial.
• Excellent communication skills and technical attention to detail.
• Interest in managing people and preferably experience working in and leading small teams.
• Willingness to travel occasionally.
• Proactively develop self and others.
• Proactively manage time effectively and work well with others in a team.
• Proactive and willing to take on responsibility.
• Focussed on delivery of quality.
• Professional and personable approach to work with both clients and colleagues.
• Promotes the firm’s values and beliefs, demonstrating integrity and maintaining an ethical stance, using flexibility and tact to express views as necessary.
Diversity and Inclusion at Mazars
At Mazars diversity and inclusion are central to our values. We also recognise that being a diverse and inclusive organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, qualifications and experience.
We are open to having conversations about flexible working. Our client-facing professionals can often be required to travel regularly or may be based at client sites, but our approach to agile working can help achieve a lifestyle balance without compromising on client service.
We welcome applications from those returning to employment after a break from their careers.
Please CLICK HERE to download our benefits booklet
Please CLICK HERE to download the job description.
Mazars is all about people – we believe that each individual makes a difference to the Mazars culture. As an international firm with strong European roots, we are a melting pot of different cultures and disciplines. Diversity is one of our main strengths.
We are an international, integrated, transparent and independent organisation specialising in audit, acc
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'