Consider experiencing #lifeatBW
Barnett Waddingham is a partner-led business which prides itself in providing straightforward and well communicated advice. This philosophy means that we are dependent on talented and well-trained employees who enjoy working in a closely knit and friendly organisation. Our growth has been significant since our creation in 1989. We aim to continue this growth by recruiting people who share in Barnett Waddingham’s values.
Our Insurance and Longevity Consulting Practices provide consultancy services to the Life and General insurance markets. Our clients range from small niche providers to FTSE 100 insurers, predominantly based in the UK.
Due to our continuing successful new business wins we are looking to recruit a part-qualified Actuarial Consultant in each of our Longevity and Insurance (Life) practice areas!
The teams are small enough to enable you to become involved with everything, but, large enough to have some large clients as part of our portfolio with access to Senior Management and Partners. We can offer career development by giving you exposure to lots of different things and can offer you early client exposure.
To be considered, you will be an actuarial student who has made good progress in their exams and be close to completing or just completed the CT series. You will have some previous experience, in a consultancy or life office environment, which includes some or most of the following:
- Solvency II regulations and reporting
- Capital modelling
- Product development
- Risk management such as ORSAs, stress and scenario testing
- Actuarial systems development
- Longevity analysis and reporting
A team player with the ability to communicate technical ideas to non-technical staff. You have the ability to learn quickly and absorb new ideas and have the passion and enthusiasm to contribute to the development of the team both technically and commercially. You have good modelling skills with experience in using VBA and/ or R.
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you!
What We Offer
- Opportunities to progress - we're growing and taking on new business across the firm every day and encourage our staff to apply to vacancies
- Work-life balance - we're committed to encouraging our staff to achieve the work-life balance that they desire - well-being is a vital part of this and something we promote
- Benefits package: we offer a competitive benefits package, which we think gives you the freedom to select those benefits most suited to your life style
If you would like to work for one of the UK’s leading consultancies at the forefront of insurance, risk, investment and pensions, click to apply now!
- Actuarial Consulting
- Life Insurance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job