Working with Prudential in Finance means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to be the leader in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals. If you’re inspired to join us, and if you have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
At Prudential we’re absolutely focused on getting the best outcomes for customers. Ours is one of the most profitable and trusted names in life and pensions, and we lead the market in a number of pension products.
This role will sit in the Retirement Income Financial Control Team within Finance and will contribute to the delivery of the vision for Finance.
This is an entry-level role requiring strong numerical and analytical skills, suitable for someone who is working towards an actuarial qualification.
This role will include the opportunity for the successful candidate to become closely involved in the calculation and analysis of the liabilities for Prudential’s UK annuity business under arrange of metrics and contribute to the designing and developing new or improved solutions to meet business objectives.
Skills and experience:
- Experience of developing relationships with key contacts across the Finance team(s) and understanding of how sub-functions within Finance are structured and aligned
- Experience of presenting financial information and sharing findings and results, building an understanding of audience specific communication requirements
- Experience of asking the right questions and listening effectively to gain an understanding of stakeholders’ needs and expectations
- Basic knowledge of life and pensions products, markets and competitors
- Working knowledge of non-profit annuities
- Understanding of the impacts associated with the external business environment, the associated risks and how these can be managed
- Use your judgement to strengthen our positive risk and control culture, by identifying, assessing and managing risk within your business area
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft office packages e.g. Excel and Word, and knowledge of VBA is an advantage
- Working knowledge of new developments in the actuarial field and the impact of this on their own work
- Previous experience of annuities reporting is not essential as the team will provide excellent support to you.
It’s a great time to be taking on a new role at Prudential. With our #behaviours we’re creating a place to work that’s alive with opportunity, with added pace and a great team spirit. It’s also an innovative, high-performing commercial environment that’s totally focused on customers. As a Prudential employee you’ll continue to get all the support you’d expect, including full training and professional development. You’ll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you’ll be part of an organisation that’s leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
· Recruiter: Abdul Tafadar
· Location: Merchant Sq
· Closing Date: Monday 2nd April 2018
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job