I am currently recruiting for an Activity Play Specialist to work 35 hours per week / permanent position.
Starting salary: £15,000 per annum
Hours of work: 35 hours per week Monday to Friday with weekend work and some evenings
Annual leave: 20 days plus 8 statutory bank/public holidays and 3 days during the organisations
shutdown period between Christmas and New Year.
The role will be to assist the team to deliver a fun, safe and positive environment throughout the Activity Programme.
To broaden every child and young person's range of experience through recreational activities and skill
development whilst ensuring safeguarding measures and other legislative criteria are adhered to. Enhance
children and young people's self-esteem and confidence through their experiences at the setting.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To provide a safe, creative and appropriate activity programme for a range of children and young
people with varying needs.
- To prepare activities, organising programmes/themes and arranging equipment.
- To ensure that all activities are inclusive for all children to participate in.
- To develop specific activities, areas and themes as directed by the Activity Programme Manager and/or
Senior Activity Coordinator.
- To encourage the children and young people to input into the proposed activities; encouraging feedback
at the end of each stay.
- To consult with the carers, parents or teachers to input into the proposed activities; encouraging
feedback and evaluation at the end of each stay.
- To have flexibility of attitude to adapt and evolve activity to meet the needs of the individual or situation.
- To be aware of the differing needs of the varied children and young people who attend the setting and to
structure work in accordance with ability.
- To share good practice across the Crew and positively contribute to debrief and evaluation of the
- To work closely with the Crew to identify opportunities for promotion of the Holiday Programme to
a diverse user group.
- Where required, support the provision of food, ensuring that food preparation and handling is carried
out within required guidelines and in accordance with dietary requirements.
- To provide cover for absent staff as appropriate and reasonable.
Other duties and responsibilities:
- To maintain quality systems, procedures and standards at all times in line with internal and external
- To provide information and reports as directed by the Activity Programme Manager and/or Senior
- To take responsibility for your own learning and use experience gained 'on the job' to improve skills
- To undertake continuous professional development, including short courses and qualifications
relevant to the role.
- To work closely with other departments to identify and implement efficiencies, potential for cross
team working opportunities and ensure an integrated approach to activity.
- To attend regular team and organisation meetings.
- To maintain existing relationships held by the charity and nurture as required.
- To understand our obligations under the Data Protection Act, General Data Protection Regulation
and act in accordance with legislation.
- To promote the activities of the setting by measured marketing, publicity,
promotions, drives or events.
- To keep abreast of developments within the sector to identify opportunities and trends.
- To work with the H&S functions and ensure that all activity is managed safely and in line with health
and safety policies and good practice.
- To respect confidentiality of all information obtained whilst working for the setting
- Such other duties as may be required from time to time on behalf of the setting.
- To consistently demonstrate the settings core values and display at all times
personal standards that portray and maintain the settings profile and image.
If you are interested in this role contact our branch asap as we are looking to appoint early February.
This post requires an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references to be obtained prior to
commencement of employment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job