This is an exciting opportunity for a positive, enthusiastic and motivated individual to work in a supportive, caring and understanding working environment and who has a desire to meet the needs of children and young people. The role involves working in a therapeutic home and supporting young people aged 7-16 who have complex social and learning needs and display challenging behaviours. You will have the necessary interpersonal skills to work with young people on a daily basis as well as the ability to plan, coordinate, risk assess and deliver a full range of PE, educational and leisure activities on and off site. My client offers good pay, additional bonuses, and salary progression. Excellent training and opportunities for continuous professional development
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning, in partnership with colleagues and young people, formal and informal PE classes, project-linked activities and other educational and recreational visits both as part of the normal timetable of the school and for special occasions
- Ensure the efficient administration of these trips by making and processing all bookings as necessary, including working to budgets set, and liaising with administration and finance colleagues across the organisation
- Taking lead responsibility for the health and safety of all trips and activities including writing and reviewing risk assessments and undertaking checks on the safety of all vehicles involved
- To be a strong and secure lead adult on trips and working with colleagues to maintain safe, appropriate behaviour in all settings
- To take lead responsibility for ensuring all vehicles used by the school are maintained safely and used within both national guidelines and organisational policy
- Reasonable standard of education
- Reasonable understanding of the education system, childcare practice, child development, and insight into the needs of children living in the care system
- Good written & oral communication skills including listening, and legible hand-writing.
- Reasonable level of IT skills including use of Word, Excel, E-mail/internet, Google drive, and able to operate basic I.C.T. appliances including telephone system, fax machines, scanners, and photocopiers
- Commitment to training and self-development.
- Full clean driving licence and willingness to drive cars and the school minibus on trips
Closing date: ASAP
Start Date: To be confirmed
Contact: Addy Fahie at Developing Your Potential
Developing Your Potential is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.
We will collect and store personal information that you submit to us via this advertisement. For further information on how we use and protect the information that you provide, please visit our website.
- Child Care
- Child Development
- Health Safety
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job