ACTIVITIES WORKER - Roborough House - £7.83 p/h (20hrs per week)
About the Role
Working 20 hours per week, we are looking for an Activities Worker to join our friendly team at Roborough House in Woolwell, Plymouth to provide support through a wide range of activities to residents with differing conditions. The successful candidate will be creative, open to suggestions and wishing to provide the very best in fulfilling person-centred activities. You will need to be flexible as you are required to work shifts including bank holidays and weekends.
If your best traits are positivity, friendliness and innovation then this job is for you!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide varied and challenging activities to residents on an individual and group basis from a prepared Weekly programme.
- Hold a full clean driving licence ability to drive a 10 seater minibus on outings with residents
- Support the Care Support Staff in delivering person-centred care when required by providing cover during absences.
- To encourage residents to pursue their hobbies
- To maintain good liaison links between the family and friends of residents in order to ascertain how best to meet the residents’ personal needs
- Maintain and care for the Roborough House chicken coup to a rota.
- To ensure that accurate, legible Daily Records are maintained on residents that they work with
- Ensure that an accurate, legible record of activities offered is maintained and also of residents accepting or declining the offered activity.
- Ensure that all activities undertaken are done so in a safe and professional manner
- To ensure that the Activities Office is kept clean and tidy.
- To attend Supervision on a minimum of 6 times a year and appraisal once a year.
- To attend Staff Training sessions as directed.
- To adhere CQC standards, regulations and all CareTech policies and procedures and Healthcare Support Workers and Adult Social Care Workers Standards in England, Wales and Scotland.
- To maintain the excellent reputation of the Caretech Group and Roborough House in particular
- To complete other reasonable duties as directed and as required by the operational need of the business.
The Successful Candidate for the role will have
A full Driving Licence
Experience in supporting adults with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities and/or mental health issues.
The ability to keep calm under pressure
Confidence to work alone and as part of a team
Excellent communication skills
The passion to work with vulnerable Adults
The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding
Career progression path within the company
Competitive rates of pay
Employee Assistance Helpline
Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
Retail discount vouchers
Various shift patterns available to suit your lifestyle
DBS check paid by Caretech prior to starting with us
Caretech Community Services established in 1993 has 250 services with continuous growth with new developments/services.
CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions. We support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care.
We are committed to providing the highest levels of care to our residents
To enable us to do this we need caring and dedicated professionals to deliver first class care.
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
CareTech Community Services are proud to advise that they are a Disability Confident Leader
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job