At the Huntercombe Group in Stocksbridge, we are looking for a Social Therapy Coordinator to play an instrumental role in the lives of individuals, supporting and encouraging them to achieve their goals and ambitions. When you join The Huntercombe Group as a Social Therapy Coordinator you will be part of a company that is understanding, strives towards excellence, is innovative, reliable and accessible and above all puts people first.
This is a full time role working 35 hours per week which will include some evening and weekend shifts. A full manual driving licence is essential as you will be required to drive company vehicles from time to time.
- Organise client centred activity programmes
- Organise external parties (entertainers, speakers etc.) to visit the residents in the centre
- Have a genuine interest in working with clients who have sustained a brain injury or other complex neurological conditions
- Liaise closely with care staff, relatives and the Multi-Disciplinary Team to arrange the most appropriate form of activity for each service user
- Encourage staff and relatives to participate in the activities programme where relevant
- Drive the company mini bus on outings when required.
To Join The Huntercombe Group as an Social Therapy Coordinator you will be:
• Empathetic and have a desire to make a difference
• Passionate about forming therapeutic relationships
• Committed to a person-centred approach to recovery
• Ability to work on own initiative with a friendly, creative and confident nature
• Enthusiastic about working as part of a dedicated team
• Able to use a computer to access emails and compile Word documents
• An effective communicator with good written and verbal skills
• A Clean driving license
About The Company
Please take a look at our progressive and rewarding benefits package
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Maternity leave at 3 month’s full pay and 3 month’s half pay, (up to a max salary of £50k)
- 2 week’s paid paternity leave
- Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
- A thorough Induction Programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
- Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
- The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
- Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
- A range of staff discounts
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Huntercombe Group are one the leading specialist healthcare providers, with hospital and centres throughout England and Scotland, delivering wide ranging services in adult mental health and learning disabilities, specialist brain injury, child and adult mental health services (CAMHS) including eating disorders and social care for children with special needs.
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of ethnic origin, gender, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability or social background. This is a great opportunity for someone to make a difference.
Our aspiration is to nurture the world, one person at a time and that’s why everything we do is designed to provide the best care and recovery for our patients and residents
We’re proud to have recruited some of the most experienced doctors, nurses and therapists in their fields and alongside our supportive stable Management structure we hope that it’s you that can help make a difference to our excellent teams and workforce.