Do you have the creativity and planning skills to be an Activities Co-Ordinator for our client near Newark, Nottinghamshire? We want someone to fill the lives of people with severe Learning Disabilities and Autism with lots of fun and constructive activities, so they can use their leisure time to realise their full potential.
This position is only half and hour from Nottingham, and is also commutable from Lincoln, Grantham, and Mansfield!
If we asked you to come up with a weeks’ worth of fun, structured activities for people with Learning Disabilities and communication difficulties like autism- where does your mind go? If you start buzzing with ideas then you could be a wonderful fit for this dynamic, people-focused company.
Who would you be working for?
Our client is a rapidly expanding leader in their field, who’s marvellous services do such a good job 95% of family and friends of the service users would recommend them. They care a lot about always being innovative and holistic in their approach to care and support. They look after people who need 24-hour support. They have no interest in hitting national standards: they want to exceed them.
Activities Co-Ordinators are at the heart of what they do!
As an activities co-ordinator, you’d need to schedule the leisure time of the service users so they are can use that time effectively. You’d need to get to know all the resident’s needs, and come up with and arrange ideas that support them.
- You’d be paid £7.65 to start and £7.95 after probation;
- Work 42 hours a week, working a mix of early and late shifts, and possible 12 hour days;
- You’ll make a huge difference for people with Learning Disabilities and Autism spectrum needs.
What do you need for this job?
- NVQ level 2 in Health & Social Care or Level 3/ 4 in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector is desirable;
- A great eye for detail when it comes to data;
- Confidence when it comes to putting together presentations;
- Prior experience as an activities co-ordinator will be an advantage.
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, we would love to hear from you. Health & Social Care Jobs are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.
- Co Ordinator
- Learning Disabilities
- Social Care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job