We provide a range of environments for those who need extra support to live independently, from young people and those with disabilities, to the elderly in extra care schemes. Our strength lies in the quality of our people and we employ those who share our aims.
Activities Coordinator – Part Time
Moreton Court, Birdwood Crescent, Devon
£8.03 per hour
20 hours per week – variable shift pattern, to include alternative weekends
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Retirement Living services provide comfort, independence and peace of mind. Residents live independently, safe in the knowledge that support is available in their home should they need it. Spacious apartments with on-site communal facilities create an environment where residents can enjoy healthy, active, and independent lifestyles in their later years.
We are seeking an Activities Coordinator to make a real difference to the lives of our residents. Moreton Court offers a selection of private apartments with a range of on-site services and facilities. If you want to make a positive impact to people’s lives, this is a rewarding opportunity to come and work within an established and experienced team.
Click here to find more information about Moreton Court
The role of Activities Coordinatorwill include:
- Developing innovative and varied individual and group activities
- Promoting and evaluating activities for service users, enabling them to maximise their own potential
- Assisting and encouraging service users to access and maintain a level of integration into the wider community
- Working with service and other staff to ensure a clean and comfortable environment is maintained
Skills and experiences:
- A Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (or an equivalent activities based qualification), or willing to work towards
- Person-centred approach, ideally with experience of working in a similar care related role
- Enthusiastic and flexible with a strong “can-do” attitude
- A driving licence is desirable
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 28 days paid holiday (including bank holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save on buying a new bike to cycle to work or on a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time hours equivalent is 37.5 hours per week
To view the full job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 15 June 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job