About the Role
The Activities Co-ordinator is part of the caring team and as such works with other staff to care for the Service Users in the Home. The person appointed to the post will be expected to have an understanding of and sympathy with elderly people.
- Promote the Company Mission Statement at all times.
- Arrange entertainment and maintain appropriate documentation in line with the monthly activities budget.
- Organise in-house and other events such as Christmas parties, Easter raffles, Summer fares and bonfire parties. Ensure that adequate supplies are purchased for the events whilst still working within the set budget.
- Organise outings for the Service Users and escort when necessary, ensuring the appropriate staffing levels, transport and venues are taken into consideration.
- Encourage Service Users to participate in the daily activities.
- Assist in completing a profile of each individual Service User’s preferences to different activities and document in care plans.
- Liaise with the Person in Charge with respect to the Service Users’ individual abilities on a regular basis.
- Work to the appropriate Codes of Practice
*Apprenticeship opportunities available
In return for all of this you will receive a competitive salary package plus:
- Training support and development opportunities
- 5.6 weeks annual leave
- Fully funded training
- Simply Health cover after one year of service, inc. cashback on medical and dental expenses
- Perkbox - a range of discounts and free monthly offers for a variety of high street shops and restaurants
- Car through salary sacrifice
- Cycle to Work scheme
- NEST pension plan
- Nurse and carer referral scheme
- Rewards for 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of service
- Annual staff recognition through MMCG Care Awards
“Maria Mallaband Care Group’s main priority is the welfare and wellbeing of its residents and staff. We have therefore adopted a Group wide policy across all our Homes requiring all new staff to confirm they are willing to receive a [Covid-19] vaccine. Prior to commencing employment, the successful applicant will be required to confirm in writing that they are happy to consent to receiving a Covid Vaccine when available, in accordance with the Government’s UK wide vaccination programme and that they are not aware of any reason why they would should not consent. We are happy to answer any queries any applicant might have about this policy.”Ashmead
Ashmead Care Centre provides specialised care for older people living with a wide range of nursing needs including physical disabilities. Conveniently located close to Putney Heath and easily accessible by local transport, the home has recently been completely refurbished and is fresh and modern throughout, providing a high level of comfort for residents. WiFi is available throughout the home. Residents are encouraged to personalise their own private homely space, whilst the wide range of communal areas are more suited to spending time with friends and family or taking part in one of the varied activities on offer. The home takes pride in its feedback, ensuring that staff work to nurture a positive and uplifting environment where families and pets are welcome to visit and spend time in the home. The activity team organise a varied programme of daily events and one-to-one activities including baking, arts and crafts, reminiscence therapy and indoor games. There is regular contact with the local community, from entertainers to local schools and groups.
Care is at the heart of what we do here at Maria Mallaband Care Group. We're an established family-run care provider, and we deliver care to over 3,500 residents across our 80+ care homes nationwide.
Our mission is to be the best quality; most highly regarded Care Provider in the United Kingdom and our vision is to create a home from home environment for both residents and staff.
We are committed to being an Investors in People employer, which means that we continually invest in your personal training and development. MMCG is a place where your career truly starts to grow.
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
Interested? Just click apply! Or if you have any further questions before applying you can contact the recruitment team at [email protected] or you can call us at <>.
You can find out more about life at MMCG on Facebook and Twitter:
Please be aware this vacancy may close earlier than the advertised closing date if sufficient applications have been received.
Maria Mallaband Care Group
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'