Salary Up to £9.00/hour + Benefits - Dependent on Experience
Working as part of a highly committed team at Sunrise the Activities Assistant is one of the key roles within our communities. As an Activities Assistant you will be responsible for assisting with the day to day activities and programs for a Sunrise Senior Living community. You will assist and lead volunteer based activities and programs that enrich the lives of the residents. At Sunrise we pride ourselves on the warmth and support we provide to our residents and their families. We promote independence, dignity and quality of life at all times in a person centred caring and supportive environment.
As an Activities Assistant you will maintain relationships with local schools, businesses and social organisations in maintaining an active network of volunteers and community resources. You will maintain a monthly calendar of activities and events that provide a variety of resident and family centred experiences.
Is everyday special to you? Could you make every day special for our Residents? Can you help to implement a stimulating and engaging activities programme designed to meet individual needs? Patient, caring and compassionate, you will be capable of thinking on your feet whilst motivating volunteers and inspiring others with your cheerful personality.
At least one year job related experience preferably in a senior living environment.
- Proven ability to train and motivate volunteers and fellow team members to provide the best in quality activity programming.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel) with the ability to learn new applications.
- As an Activities Assistant, you will also be required to make small group presentations and take the lead in orienting and training all volunteers.
Sunrise is an award-winning provider of high quality residential and dementia care. From the moment you step into our beautiful grounds you know you are somewhere special. We Have 27 locations across the UK and continue to expand and grow our proposition.
Working at Sunrise Senior Living is truly a unique career experience. As one of the country's most forward-thinking Senior Living companies, we take pride in providing the resources you need to make a real difference in our resident's lives. Our resident-centred approach to quality care is key to how we operate. We invite you to contribute your talents as part of the team that is elevating Sunrise to an entirely new level to serve even more seniors and their families here in the UK.
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Bank Holidays - Double time payment for approved hours worked
- Company Sick Pay
- Pension - Employer contributions
- Life Insurance
- Career Development Training to recognised NVQ level in Health and Social care
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car Share Scheme
- Refer a friend Scheme
- Heart & Soul company recognition award
- Support & development and a great environment to work in
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job