The Active Schools network aims to increase activity levels of children and young people by ensuring there are more opportunities to participate in sport and more people delivering opportunities in schools and the wider community.
In order to strengthen its Active Schools team, East Dunbartonshire Leisure and Culture Trust, in partnership with Sportscotland, wish to appoint an Active Schools Coordinator. The successful candidate will cover the Bearsden Academy Cluster (includes 1 Secondary School and 4 Primary Schools).
Active Schools Coordinators are responsible for developing an infrastructure to recruit, support and sustain a network of volunteers, coaches, leaders and teachers who deliver physical activity and sport before, during and after school and in the wider community.
This post is considered to be Regulated Work with children as specified in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) (PVG) Act 2007. Accordingly, the preferred candidate will be required to become a member of the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme update if already a Scheme member, prior to any formal offer of employment.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
This post will have a start date of February/ March 2019.
The post is a temporary contract until 2023, subject to continuation of funding
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'