The role will involve managing and securing sufficient supply of appropriate housing across the range of tenures to meet the need of those in housing need. This will include the efficient and effective client management function that is capable of sourcing and delivering a range of housing tenure options on a significant scale.
Our client will require the successful candidate to:
* Supporting organisational change ensuring the appropriate systems of performance and development, communications, equality measures, monitoring and review are in place.
* Providing a highly commercial commissioning and client function, that creates opportunities for rehousing within the private rented sector at significant scale and will enable the council to refer the majority of customers who seek assistance, to the private sector.
* Negotiating client contracts to deliver maximum value for money where the Council is providing and managing Temporary Accommodation for customers where a Duty is retained.
* Supporting the Head of Lettings and Acquisitions in identifying and developing new business opportunities for the provision of temporary accommodation and private sector accommodation in and out of the borough.
* At least 2 years management experience of staff who provide/procure temporary accommodation in the public sector.
* Knowledge of Private Sector acquisition/leasing and market pressures, as well as government initiatives in relation to Decent Home Standard.
* Responsible for leading the team in delivering high quality and professional customer centric services to both internal and external customers.
* Motivating and leading the team on a day to day basis.
* Supporting the Head of Lettings and Acquisitions in managing and setting budgets.
Experience of achieving performance targets and meeting departmental objectives is also a very important part of this role. Only applicants who feel they meet the above criteria and are immediately available or on a short term notice period need apply for this post. Previous experience of carrying out a similar role for a local authority would be an advantage, but not essential.
Badenoch & Clark is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Badenoch & Clark is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a registered Disability Symbol User.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job