Trainee accountant job with highly respected accountancy practice in Bury St.Edmunds. Full study package
Hays are recruiting an Accounts Assistant for an Accountancy firm in Bury St.Edmunds.
The firm focuses on agriculture, medical practices, owner managed businesses and private clients. It is initially a structured training programme combining on the job training with professional exam qualifications you will need to develop your career in accountancy. All your exam costs and study support will be covered by us in addition to your salary.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of draft accounts and tax computations with supervision as required for sole traders, partnerships, limited companies and LLP's, where applicable, on the firm's software (CCH). This may involve initial cash book accounting.
- Ensuring all files produced meet with the firm's standards prior to review by a senior member of staff. The accounts file should have sufficient detail for the tax department and should include supporting analysis and invoices. Once reviewed, ensuring all review points raised are cleared. Correspondence with clients and third parties as required.
- Providing support in dealing with telephone calls, client meetings and general office administration, where required. Carrying out any other duties to meet with the needs of the business.
- Providing support in ad hoc pieces of client work, including technical research where applicable.
- The ability to manage own time and work to deadlines, communicating effectively with senior team members.
- A-level or Graduate level applicants for this role.
- GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English
- Educated to A-level standard or equivalent
- For Graduate level applicants, you will have achieved at least a 2.2 in your chosen degree
- You will be interested in pursuing a career in accountancy
- You need the ability to manage your own time and work to deadlines
- You will have to communicate effectively with other team members and have the ability to work well in a team
- You will need to have great attention to detail.
- A competitive starting salary
- 22 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Matching employer pension contributions of up to 6% salary
- Salary sacrifice available for pension contributions
- Income Protection if you are off work due to long term illness or injury equal to 50% of salary until State Pension Age
- Private Health Insurance - Individual cover available
- Paid study leave
- All professional exams, study books, revision courses and resources paid for (at the first attempt)
- Up to two professional subscriptions paid for
- Encouragement to develop and learn by attending training courses and CPD events
- Employee Assistance programme
- Length of service recognition
- Social events paid for or subsidised by the firm
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'