Are you looking for an opportunity to join and train with a highly reputable firm of accountants? If your answer is "yes", read on, this could be just what you have been looking for.
On behalf of our client, Curtis Recruitment is recruiting for an Accounts Trainee. This is an opportunity to join a prestigious accountancy practice that is in an exciting phase of expansion.
With offices across the South of England, this multi-partner firm is seeking an energetic, committed and ambitious individual to join the accounts team in Newbury to help maximise the efficiency and income of the practice.
The dominant focus of the Accounts Trainee will be the preparation of management and statutory accounts and within this, the key responsibilities of the role will include:
- The preparation of statutory accounts for a variety of the firm’s clients
- Prepare monthly/quarterly management accounts
- VAT returns
- Preparation of company and personal tax computations
- Assist in the training and development of junior staff members
- Assist in statutory audits (training provided)
To be a serious contender for this role, you will satisfy the following requirements:
- Be part or newly qualified AAT or qualified by experience
- Have two years’ experience gained within a similar practice role
- Be a competent user of Word, Excel and accounts preparation packages
- Be an excellent communicator, both written and verbal
In addition, the successful candidate will be an enthusiastic team player, be positive and self-motivated and be able to effectively solve problems whilst managing time and workload efficiently.
As an Accounts Trainee you will benefit from a dynamic working environment, excellent career progression potential, fantastic ongoing training and support and a competitive salary, dependent upon experience and the current stage of study.
- Management Accounts
- Statutory Accounts
- Vat Returns
- Tax Computations
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job