General Practice Manager (Accounts & Tax Manager)
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a growing regional Accountancy Firm who are looking for a General Practice Manager (Accounts & Tax) for their SW London offices. Managing your own portfolio of owner-managed businesses including sole traders, companies and partnership clients up to £50m turnover and a team of Qualified & Junior staff, key deliverables for the position include:
- Carrying out Accounts & Financial statements preparation, and management accounting for clients
- Accounting for Fixed assets and depreciation, Stock, Prepayments, Accrued/deferred income, Accruals
- Preparation and control of complex personal & corporate tax work and carrying through approved work plans
- Some Audit preparation, staff planning and producing final audit files for review by Audit Partners
- Reviewing of VAT returns, Payroll data and year-end accounts for clients
- Planning of special project assignments, ownership of agreed budgets and meeting client deadlines.
- Setting objectives and completing appraisals for junior staff, supervising them on-site and coaching
- Meeting clients to review company accounts (inc group companies, partnerships and LLP’s) and corporate tax liabilities
- Ensuring all team work is carried out profitably and on a timely basis in accordance with the firm's standards
- Close liaison with clients and other third-party stakeholders, with direct contact at CFO/MD level
- Attending external business seminars and events to help build relationships with clients and prospective clients
To be considered for the General Practice Manager role you should be a qualified ACA/ACCA Accountant, ideally degree-educated with comprehensive general practice experience including Accounts & Tax, some staff management skills would be preferred; and a car driver with access to your own car. You should be technically up to date with IFRS & IAS, and knowledge of IRIS and Sage Accounts would be a distinct advantage.
On offer is a salary up to £60,000 depending on qualification and experience with benefits to include 25 days holiday, company pension, healthcare and CPD training. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone or via email at admin@ mcginnisloy.com
For other General Practice Manager opportunities in Finance & Accounting, HR Services or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands, please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile
- Corporate Tax
- Statutory Accounting
- Client Accounts
- Year End Accounts
- Personal Tax
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job