A well-established and highly reputable Chartered Accountancy Practice based in Leatherhead are seeking a dynamic Accounts & Tax Assistant to join their team. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong attention to detail, a willingness to learn and the ability to prioritise their own workload.
RESPONSIBLITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Prepare accounts from client’s records for companies, partnerships and sole traders
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns, mainly for limited companies - this could be standard VAT accounting or Flat Rate Scheme. This involves working with spreadsheets, Sage or Cloud based software in particular Xero
- Prepare business tax computations to identify the taxable business profits, including correctly claiming tax relief on fixed assets
- Input data into the Personal Tax Module using a checklist of items to watch for. Then mark sections of the Tax Return programme as complete
- Draft covering letters enclosing accounts and business tax computations to clients
- Draft supporting paperwork to go with a set of accounts - e.g. Minutes of meetings of directors/Letter of representation/Invoice/Notes & Recommendations/Fixed Price Agreements
- Tax planning regarding extraction of funds from a company in the most tax efficient manner
- Speak to clients to resolve / deal with any queries.
- Prepare invoices using our software and help with the renewal of fixed price agreements
- Update the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Review electronic in-tray and deal with tasks/post-in as necessary
- Deal with emails in as required
- Help with social media marketing, the website or mailshots
- Attend weekly full team meetings and contribute ideas and opinions
- Assist with the processing of payroll
- Help with maintaining the database on our website.
- Attend both technical and practice management training sessions (external & internal)
- AAT qualifications as minimum
- Double entry bookkeeping
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience of IRIS desirable / Experience of Sage & Xero Cloud based software desirable
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job