Accounting / Finance Software Implementation Consultant
Home based & on client sites anywhere in England
To £40k + Approx 6k car allowance + bonus & VG benefits
Our client is an IT Solutions company undergoing continued success and growth, hence this opportunity in an expending successful business. The role involves travel to customer sites across UK, Scotland and Ireland and may also include overseas travel, and travel to our other offices in the UK, Europe and rarely even further afield. . A valid drivers’ licence is essential.
You will assist in the demonstration, business discovery, installation, training and implementation of accounting systems at customer sites delivering consultancy services. Part of the role will require you to work out of the Berkshire office or remotely to investigate, progress and resolve finance customer support calls. You will also be involved with working with our in-house development team to produce detailed, accurate system specifications or undertake system testing. You will liaise with other departments and customers during the implementation and to assist in the resolution of problems on behalf of the customer resulting from the practical application of the software.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To take a lead within the implementation teams responsible for the installation and setup of systems, and to advise both consultants and customers on the use of accounts specific software modules for their particular business.
- The role requires experience of all accounting business practise including: General Ledger: Chart of Accounts, Groupings, Postings, Journals, Cash Book, Period Ends. Accounts Payable: Account Creation, Enquiries, Expenses, Invoices, Invoice Matching, Payments. Accounts Receivable: Credit Applications, Account Creation, Enquiries, Credit Release. Customer Payments, Credit Chasing. Accounts Ledger: Branch Setup, Assets, Posting Tables, Asset Reports. Auditing, Intrastat, Reports, Reconciliation.
- To provide Accounts and associated applications training and demonstration including undertaking demonstrations to support pre-sale consultancy.
Knowledge and Experience
- Accounting knowledge at a business level is essential to undertake this role.
- Experience working as a consultant for a software house or senior experience gained in the distribution sector such as a Merchants, Wholesaler or other distribution or ERP businesses.
- Sound working knowledge of customer and business account practices, including day to day transactions, month end, year end and audit activities.
- Demonstrable configuration, installation and implementation experience relating to ERP Go Live’s including working knowledge of accounting processes.
- Exposure or qualification in PRINCE 2 or other recognised project methodology.
- Excellent customer service and customer facing skills to work alongside customers on and off site.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
- AAT or recognised Accountancy qualification would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Database platforms for ERP solutions e.g. Oracle or similar
Questor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this advert. Due to the effectiveness of online advertising and the response levels that it can generate it is often impossible for us to respond to every applicant. As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
General Ledger Chart of Accounts Groupings Postings Journals Cash Book Period Ends Payable Creation Expenses invoices Payments Prince ERP AAT
- AAT or recognised Accountancy qualification ERP accounts implementation
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job