Take the lead on accounts production for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
The partners and staff have considerable experience in all areas of accountancy, taxation, finance and business advice over a wide range of businesses, including large private companies with international trading structures, family and owner-managed companies of all sizes, limited liability partnerships, partnerships, sole traders and individuals.
* Produce an accounts file.
* Conduct audit work in accordance with the agreed procedures.
* Produce an accounts and a list of discussion points for the manager or partner.
* If required produce draft tax computations and a provision for inclusion in the accounts
* You will be expected to professionally represent the firm and its interests in dealings with clients and other professionals.
* You will be expected to supervise and help develop more junior members of staff.
* You will be expected to plan and control your professional work for the firm's clients within the firm's standard procedures. You will be able to identify basic planning opportunities.
* You will be expected to identify and act upon any opportunities you see within the professional work you do to sell more services to existing prospective clients.
* You will be expected to have and maintain a working knowledge of the computer based programs that you will be required to use to undertake your job and will report any requirements for assistance or training to your line manager.
* You will be expected to have and maintain an excellent working knowledge of the systems that you will be required to use to undertake your role
The work is extremely varied and you should have experience in a professional practice environment, with excellent knowledge of accounts preparation work for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
Experience with Corporation Tax computations, personal tax and VAT returns would be advantageous.
You should be qualified AAT, ACCA or qualified by experience.
Previous experience using Iris software would be helpful, along with Sage.
Coaches junior members of the team ensuring standard of work meets expectations. Takes responsibility for developing and providing opportunities for the junior team members. Is conscious of their colleague workloads and issues.
Competitive salary and benefits
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job