The role holder will be responsible for managing a small portfolio of customers' accounts and helping the main accountants. Also interpreting, understanding and managing some account queries and conveying information in a way that the customer can understand. The role requires a pro-active approach to managing the portfolio to ensure that clients are always informed and updated and therefore remain compliant.
* Prepare statutory and non-statutory accounts. This will include manual preparation of accounts and supporting tax computations for customers requiring year end and cessation accounts.
*Ensure the submission of statutory information to Companies House and HMRC within the required deadlines.
*Assist in the preparation of Self-Assessment Tax returns.
*Manage populations to ensure Service Level Agreements are achieved.
*Undertake ad-hoc clean-up or other projects, meeting targets set at the start of the project.
*Undertake projects to support the year end accounts activity.
*Any other duties that are deemed necessary to support the business as and when required.
*Suggest process improvements necessary to the role.
Role Relationships and Reporting Lines:
They will be required to liaise with various internal departments across the wider business. They will have regular contact with our Customer Service Team to assist with year-end queries. Most of the communications with the clients will be over email although there will be some times where you will have to speak to them on the phone. The Accounts Senior will also be responsible for communicating with HMRC to check payment information and account balances.
- Minimum 2 years' practice experience
- Proven ability of working towards targets and KPI's
- Proven ability to work accurately and using your own initiative
- Strong excel skills, confident using Look Ups, Pivot Tables
- Experience of monitoring filing deadlines
- Experience of mentoring or training members of your team would be desirable
* Up to £23,000 depending on experience
* Holidays - 23 days to start plus bank holidays and a day off for birthday. Increases to 25 after 2 years' service and 27 after 5 years' service
* Auto-enrolment into the pension scheme after a 3-month deferment period with an employer contribution of 5% of basic pay. Employees are not required to contribute at this point in time
* Death in Service 4 x annual salary
* Free on-site parking, free tea and coffee and free fruit
* Access to a range of benefits, rewards and discounts
* Standard dress down policy all week
If you are interested in this role and think you would be a good fit then please do get in touch!!!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job