Accounts Senior with Corporate Finance and advisory role
I am currently recruiting for a fully/almost qualified accounts senior to join their team, with the role consisting of predominantly Corporate Finance/specialist client advisory work, with some accounts based work.
This role will include challenging and varied work within Corporate Finance and specialist advisory areas, including being involved in transactional corporate finance work covering fund raising, business acquisitions, disposals, etc., Due Diligence exercises, preparing business valuations and other advisory assignments. Preparation of forecasts, business plans, and reports, plus financial analysis work are a key component. Other managements preparation and accounts preparation work to support the advisory work with the clients will also be involved.
This role will work closely with a senior manager in the corporate finance team, along with reporting into the Managing Partner/Corporate Finance Partner. The clients worked on will be Owner Managed businesses and entrepreneurial businesses.
The hours of work are 37 and a half hours per week, between the hours of 8am and 6.30pm. You may be required to work late, or additional hours at certain times to ensure targets are met.
On the job training will also be complemented with the opportunity to continue professional accountancy qualifications if appropriate, along with specific corporate finance courses and training as a when required.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a commercially minded fully/nearly qualified accountant, who is looking to continue or even widen their experience and challenge themselves to provide a wide range of advisory services to clients within a leading independent and ambitious practice in the area.
Duties of the role include:
Assisting in all aspects of Corporate Finance advisory work
o Business plan writing
o Research work
o Financial analysis work
o Due Diligence
o Fund raising exercises
o Assisting in buying and selling businesses
o Business valuations
o Report writing
- Liaising with funders and maintaining relationships
- Commercially assessing propositions and data to best advise clients
- Preparation of management accounts and Management Reporting Information
- Preparation of accounts using IRIS (Ltd, LLP’s, Partnerships, Sold Traders) from various accounting systems both cloud based and desktop versions
- Maintaining professional client relationships
- Deal with ad hoc day to day client queries
Skills and personal qualities
The successful candidate should:
- be commercially minded and analytical when reviewing and preparing figures and information
- have worked in an accountancy practice and ideally have some experience of Corporate finance/advisory assignment work but not essential
- have strong Microsoft office suite skills especially Excel
- have knowledge and experience of accounting software such as Sage, Xero, Quickbooks (Training provided)
- be able to respond well to pressure.
- be able to communicate well and have strong client facing skills.
- work well in a team and with a wide range of people.
- be organised and methodical.
- have strong analytical and project management skills.
- be proactive and able to take the initiative.
- be able to motivate and inspire colleagues.
- be well presented with a professional manner.
- have a good business awareness.
- be able to work within a budget.
Fully/nearly qualified ACA/ACCA.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job